What vendor has best price on 238/100 inj!

emev0l

Reaction score
That's exactly my thoughts on this. When I presented a valid question, not taking a stab at PIS in any way the tread dies. I want good HARD evidence that these injectors are the "best on the market" or dont make that claim. I can promise Tim that builders like FF, unlimited, and swamps are doing more than cutting pistons and installing nozzles...

People will just say they are smoother you have to try them. Well is every aspect on the motors sound that are having problems from other injector builders? Injectors are only a small piece of the puzzle to a smooth running engine imo.

This happens with just about every 7.3 performance part out there. Injectors, HPOPs, tuning. It's either BS and it's all the same and they're betting on nobody putting in the work to buy injectors from 5 different vendors, run the truck to get the air out of the HPO system, then dyno each one. Then when they all come back very similar the builders will all say something like "well you didn't make the proper tuning changes for my injectors, HPOP, blah blah blah. "

Or they just don't want to give our design information so they can't be copied. But lets be realistic, there are only a hand full of people out there that will ever be 7.3 performance injector, HPOP, or any other part builders. Those people could buy a competitors product and have it tore down and see exactly what they did within a week.

So why not just share the information of a performance product built for 15-20 year old trucks.

Has anyone out there ran 1 builders hybrids then switched to another builders product of the same size and dyno'd higher or lower? I can't imagine to many people have done that on the same truck with the same mods.

I guess there's just no reason for them to tell us what they do, how they do it, or anything else because people will continue to buy the products either way.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Unlimited Diesel's injector warranty is tough to beat nowadays. His work has had multiple feature articles in Diesel Power and other publications. Gearhead likes tuning his injectors. Works for me.

Swamps has a 7.3 engine dyno...I heard that might be a good tool to learn about what makes power.

These guys value thier intellectual property just as physical property....

You have to research 7.3 history to understand all the agendas and unique market dynamics.

I think the 7.3 community is lucky to have the current consumer choices it has considering the age of the platform.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Unlimited Diesel's injector warranty is tough to beat nowadays. His work has had multiple feature articles in Diesel Power and other publications. Gearhead likes tuning his injectors. Works for me.

Swamps has a 7.3 engine dyno...I heard that might be a good tool to learn about what makes power.

These guys value thier intellectual property just as physical property....

You have to research 7.3 history to understand all the agendas and unique market dynamics.

I think the 7.3 community is lucky to have the current consumer choices it has considering the age of the platform.

I agree. If you can find it buried in 7.3 history you'll see why some shops aren't as forthcoming and why there are more restrictive non-compete clauses these days.

I'm not trying to downplay it, but while having features in a magazine is nice, there's also some politics that goes into that. Tech articles even more so, but that's another topic. I love seeing local features in there and reputable shops being highlighted much as the next guy, but that's just my experience.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have ran two identically sized competitors hybrids. Nothing huge, 250/200, and the operation of full force and pis injectors, totally different.

My ff hybrids with a srp1.1(when it would still make 3400psi of icp) was ballsy. I NEVER loaded different tuning. Same shti ass tunes as always. A "stock" tune its sub 300hp. It is like a bone stock truck with a race tune. A "tow" or "daily" tune. The difference is highly tangible in this tune. Highly. One setup burns 35" rubber until 40ish mph, one is good for a quick burn and then decent power. I would compare the latter to a stock dmax or 6.7 pstroke.

The race tune with the ffd 250/200 was marginally more powerful than my swamps 175/80s were. No dyno #s there but educated guess would maybe 20-30hp difference which makes sense. The race tune with pis 250/200 is night and day. Id have to say 50hp difference AND now Ive got a t500 feeding these.

My biggest selling point isnt all that inconsequential crap. Its the quickness the truck starts and idles like glass. Hot or cold.

Reaction score
IMy biggest selling point isnt all that inconsequential crap. Its the quickness the truck starts and idles like glass. Hot or cold.

THIS. My FF would smoke white terrible and had a very rough idle. Starts very fast now and idles very smooth.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dik, but I've heard that a few times. I've wondered how much Cass has actually done/learned about building injectors since he set up his own shop... Any real updates over the years? Refinement is definitely part of it, not saying it isn't important.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im guessing here but pprobably close to what the remanned 300/200s cost. Thats what happened after all.

02strokin

Reaction score
I end up goin with rosewoods 250/100 fainlly got them in mail today be next work before I have it all done can't wait!

Latest posts

Members online