What vendor has best price on 238/100 inj!

bruce

Reaction score
So I have noticed a general trend on this forum that a select group pushes PIS injectors very hard. I have nothing against his injectors in any way as i have never ran them or had any experience with them. Im more concerned with the claims that people make about his being the best on the market period. What makes your injectors better than any of the other reputable builders(full force, unlimited, swamps) on this site?

I have installed countless sets of injectors from full force at my shop and have never had a single bad set of injectors from them. No hazing issues, hot start issues, smoking issues that have been because of the injector themselves every time a problem like this has happened the motor had another issue.

Im am by no means an injector builder but in relative terms an injector is simple. Solenoid energizes opens the poppet, bam first place that could cause an issue the tolerance between the armature and the poppet may be out of spec causing injector delay issues. Oil flows in the poppet pushing the intensifier piston down and the plunger pushes fuel out the nozzle. Now the injector must refill with fuel. Sure tolerance between the plunger and barrel could be off, flow characteristics through the poppet could be different between injector builders, and the fuel side mods done will effect the refill rate of the injector. Of course proper flow balance between injectors in a set will be a determining factor in idle quality.

IMO the nozzle should be the restriction at any given point in time in the injection assuming the proper oil side mods are done to provide minimal pressure loss through the injector. There lies the only place i see a difference in the builders is the poppet tolerances to the armature effecting the delay that is experienced from the time the idm energizes the solenoid till the magnetic field created lifts the poppet from its seat.

So what makes PIS injectors "the best on the market"??

You just have to run a set. They just feel smoother. I can drive to Full Force or swamps in a short time from my parents house and Rosewood is about an hour away from my house and I'd still wait a week for PIS injectors to come via the brown truck.

psduser1

Reaction score
You just have to run a set. They just feel smoother. I can drive to Full Force or swamps in a short time from my parents house and Rosewood is about an hour away from my house and I'd still wait a week for PIS injectors to come via the brown truck.

You've run all three vendor's product? Serious question, I don't know what you've tried.
I've run ff and swamps right now.
Any chance the builds were from comparable cores, between the different companies? As in, builder a started from new injectors, builder b started from 200k injectors?

bruce

Reaction score
I've run swamps 160/100's way back in the day, ff 250/200's and PIS. All were made from higher mileage cores, no new alliant builds. I think swamps builds a fine injector but they cost more than the others also and if all the others are the same price i'd spend my money with PIS. The other vendors make good products too i'd assume, but I found something that works and that's what i'll continue to use.

Reaction score

My ff 250/100s back in the day couldnt have ran any smoother or smoke free. Idled better than a stock truck, zero smoke any time cold, hot, wot. Same inj with 38r ran 8.3s in a ccsb truck and was virtually smoke free at that. Hell my 400/400 idle dang near a stock truck and only haze when cold...

Im looking for facts as to why they are smoother? Do they give up overall flow for better control resolution to provide better balance between injectors. And i see on the website where a 300/400 is offered. Maybe somebody can fill me in on the benefits of the lower capacity? Yes the rate of injection will be faster for the 300ccs but you are leaving alot on the table when a 400% nozzle will flow 400+ cc in 3ms or less

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Here is th flip side to your statement.

I have had conversations with just about every tuner on the market. Would you be surprised if I told you several have never even asked for specs on our injectors. I basically had to make them listen to what we do differently than the "other guys" they tune for. Did they take that info and use it? Not likely from some of the issues we have seen over the years. Some tuners have decided every set of 160/100's are the same and they use the exact same tune for that injector no matter the brand. 90% of the time it works out for them as many of the injector brands out there are exact copies of each other. But when it "smokes at Idel until temps reach normal" it must be the injectors fault. Not sure how many REALLY under stand These injectors but they could care less what the oil temp is. Something else is supposed to be in control of that.

You my friend, should start offering your tunes. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Billy T.
[email protected]

psduser1

Reaction score
I've run swamps 160/100's way back in the day, ff 250/200's and PIS. All were made from higher mileage cores, no new alliant builds. I think swamps builds a fine injector but they cost more than the others also and if all the others are the same price i'd spend my money with PIS. The other vendors make good products too i'd assume, but I found something that works and that's what i'll continue to use.

Thank you for clarifying, bruce.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The Lincoln Locker PSA Starter Kit=

Top Side Creeper
Torque App w/scantool BT OBD-II Adapter
Boost Leak Tester
Regulated Return
Donaldson/Tymar Filter

Then you're ready to start tearing into the truck :)

i wish i had a topside creeper!

live life full throttle

The Brad

Reaction score
Is settle for one of these...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89

emev0l

Reaction score
So I have noticed a general trend on this forum that a select group pushes PIS injectors very hard. I have nothing against his injectors in any way as i have never ran them or had any experience with them. Im more concerned with the claims that people make about his being the best on the market period. What makes your injectors better than any of the other reputable builders(full force, unlimited, swamps) on this site?

I have installed countless sets of injectors from full force at my shop and have never had a single bad set of injectors from them. No hazing issues, hot start issues, smoking issues that have been because of the injector themselves every time a problem like this has happened the motor had another issue.

Im am by no means an injector builder but in relative terms an injector is simple. Solenoid energizes opens the poppet, bam first place that could cause an issue the tolerance between the armature and the poppet may be out of spec causing injector delay issues. Oil flows in the poppet pushing the intensifier piston down and the plunger pushes fuel out the nozzle. Now the injector must refill with fuel. Sure tolerance between the plunger and barrel could be off, flow characteristics through the poppet could be different between injector builders, and the fuel side mods done will effect the refill rate of the injector. Of course proper flow balance between injectors in a set will be a determining factor in idle quality.

IMO the nozzle should be the restriction at any given point in time in the injection assuming the proper oil side mods are done to provide minimal pressure loss through the injector. There lies the only place i see a difference in the builders is the poppet tolerances to the armature effecting the delay that is experienced from the time the idm energizes the solenoid till the magnetic field created lifts the poppet from its seat.

Nobody else has anything else to say about this? I haven't seen 1 injector builder make more power out of the same size injector from a competitor. PIS must do something different that would warrant him calling tuners to tune his sticks properly. What would that be?

cbf9703

Reaction score

I've asked that before and usually get the same type of response as you've seen (I know it came up in the Supercharged 7.3 thread and no one posted the dyno graphs that I've heard exist and I don't really care enough to search for them). Tim may chime in and say something along the lines of "some injector builders still think it's nothing more than just cut pistons and different size nozzles...". :shrug: I'm sure there are some that way, but there are other reputable injector builders besides just PIS. I want to believe the hype, but I have yet to see the hard evidence.

i wish i had a topside creeper!

live life full throttle
I've always called it an overhead creeper. For some reason topside creeper just sounds like a pervy old man.

Nobody else has anything else to say about this? I haven't seen 1 injector builder make more power out of the same size injector from a competitor. PIS must do something different that would warrant him calling tuners to tune his sticks properly. What would that be?
Eh. Not everyone's tunes like Swamps injectors either. I run Swamps injectors and tuning, no complaints, but I have yet to try PIS... haven't had any reason to.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've asked that before and usually get the same type of response as you've seen (I know it came up in the Supercharged 7.3 thread and no one posted the dyno graphs that I've heard exist and I don't really care enough to search for them). Tim may chime in and say something along the lines of "some injector builders still think it's nothing more than just cut pistons and different size nozzles...". :shrug: I'm sure there are some that way, but there are other reputable injector builders besides just PIS. I want to believe the hype, but I have yet to see the hard evidence.

I've always called it an overhead creeper. For some reason topside creeper just sounds like a pervy old man.

Eh. Not everyone's tunes like Swamps injectors either. I run Swamps injectors and tuning, no complaints, but I have yet to try PIS... haven't had any reason to.
and overhead creeper sounds better?

live life full throttle

Reaction score

That's exactly my thoughts on this. When I presented a valid question, not taking a stab at PIS in any way the tread dies. I want good HARD evidence that these injectors are the "best on the market" or dont make that claim. I can promise Tim that builders like FF, unlimited, and swamps are doing more than cutting pistons and installing nozzles...

People will just say they are smoother you have to try them. Well is every aspect on the motors sound that are having problems from other injector builders? Injectors are only a small piece of the puzzle to a smooth running engine imo.

Latest posts

Members online