What's the deal with the Dieselsite Overdrive?

Buffalo444

Reaction score
It seems to have gone up a good deal in projected pricing from what it was looking to be back when it was initially released. Might have to do with updating and changes in materials to get long duty life to match that of HPOPs Those are just guesses

Its about time this got updated. I was beginning to think it was nothing but a pipe dream....

TARM

Reaction score
I would buy one in a heart beat. The way Matts truck bump started was freaky for a 7.3 diesel.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I ran one for quite a while in my old race engine and it was great! I did have a failure, as did another one that Bob was testing. Unfortunately, Bob got busy and they sat on the shelf for a long time before he got back to looking at them. I believe he's back to working on it again, hence the new round of testing.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
This Overdrive is and special single Hpop that you guys are talking about?

The overdrive is a gearbox that increases the speed of the HPOP. Basic premise is instead of bolting on two pumps you just spin one pump twice as fast - it was advertised with lots of different gear ratios to fit lots of different needs, but I have no idea what direction it is headed now or what gear ratios were tested.

Gearhead

Reaction score
i tested a 66% unit and it worked great with a 15 degree pump on 400% nozzled hybrids with all the mods.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I really wanted to use a 66% with a 15*, back a couple years ago when it looked like these were about to be released.

I'm still wondering if the increase in pulses in the rail would do some good.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The increase in pulse frequency (and theorhetical reduction in pressure swing) was a big part of my discussions with Bob about the product back when I was testing it.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The increase in pulse frequency (and theorhetical reduction in pressure swing) was a big part of my discussions with Bob about the product back when I was testing it.

Well, on that note... Did you notice any benefit?

I'm thinking any gains might manifest themselves at higher RPM's, maybe help that oil move a little faster where we're currently having issues keeping things moving when they're all happening fast.