What's the deal with the Dieselsite Overdrive?

Big Bore

Reaction score
So running dual pumps is a bad idea? Thats what I was going to do with my build.

No, and I don't think anyone said that, a couple people said two IPR's is bad ( I disagree, and so do some VERY experienced and knowledgeable people). I don't think there is anything wrong with twin pumps, but their are some less expensive options out there. Not sure they are "better", since in this case, IMO, "better" is subjective.

bpcheramie

Reaction score
I am not talking the IPRs I recall alot of people saythat the dual pumps leak now maybe that has been fix I dont know. So if I am worng in that fact then I am....

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Dual pumps dont leak anymore or less then a single, however you have opened yourself up to 4x more places to leak. As well as hanging all that weight off those two little bolts that love to strip out anyway.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I know trucks that leak and trucks that don't.

Seems to mostly be connected to the condition of the product and the front cover, and the installer.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Dual pumps dont leak anymore or less then a single, however you have opened yourself up to 4x more places to leak. As well as hanging all that weight off those two little bolts that love to strip out anyway.

Joe have you seen that happen before bolts stripped?

TARM

Reaction score
I know how you tq down the duals is critical to keeping them from leaking. If you take the time to measure etc at least mine did not leak so far doing it that way. I think dual IPRs along with 4 lines are positives not negatives.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I think dual IPRs along with 4 lines are positives not negatives.

Agreed. It also makes complete sense. You are trying to theoretically flow twice as much oil volume by doubling the pumps, why wouldn't you increase the lines flowing that oil also? Especially if the ports are already there. But then you still have to bypass that oil, so why wouldn't you increase the bypass also?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I've ran duals and they didn't leak but you do need 2 IPR's and they do shear the oil faster and I never liked all the weight being supported by just 2 long bolts.

INMO it was some thing to run till something better came along..and as expected Gary did come up with something much better.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I've ran duals and they didn't leak but you do need 2 IPR's and they do shear the oil faster and I never liked all the weight being supported by just 2 long bolts.

The oil shear can be somewhat abated by NOT dumping back into the reservoir. I'm still researching oils/additives that are resistant also, but before I can run them I need to make sure there are no leaks. I'm also working on some sort of rear support for the pumps. I have a couple ideas.

I'm still of the opinion that 2 stock pumps are better than one single modded/aftermarket pump, but those are my reasons and may not be applicable to others.

Jake

Reaction score
I still wonder how a full separate oil system would work out, then you can always have cleaner oil that stays cooler

Sent by smoke signals from a droid x

genie144

Reaction score
So back to the point of the thread...

The Dieselsite Overdrive is supposed to be the cat's meow - plentiful oil, easy to tune, no draw back, relatively cheap, absolutely no draw back???

So why after 2+ years is it not available? Does anyone have any information as to why the greatest thing since sliced bread isn't available?

Sam

Big Bore

Reaction score

Pshh, that train left the tracks a few pages back. LOL

The Dieselsite Overdrive is supposed to be the cat's meow - plentiful oil, easy to tune, no draw back, relatively cheap, absolutely no draw back???

So why after 2+ years is it not available? Does anyone have any information as to why the greatest thing since sliced bread isn't available?

Sam

I think somewhere in the convolution here the answer is Bob is too busy making the Adrenaline to refine it after the Beta testing. Once he catches up apparently he'll go back after it.

jngreen

Reaction score

Sam

Amen brother, thats what I was trying to find out.

I appreciate the discussion though, as I have learned several things from this thread. Keep it up guys.

TARM

Reaction score
It seems to have gone up a good deal in projected pricing from what it was looking to be back when it was initially released. Might have to do with updating and changes in materials to get long duty life to match that of HPOPs Those are just guesses

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
How many more phases of testing does it have to go through?

Latest posts

Members online