What's the deal with the Dieselsite Overdrive?

jngreen

Reaction score
And that it worked fine for 400 injectors...
Keep fishing.

Id imagine there is a big diff in wear of a puller or track truck vs 80,0000 dd miles.

The only fishing I am doing is for information from people who know. I guess I have never been in the loop on these sort of things, so thats why I'm asking questions.

It worked great all around but I had to give mine up. I would still be running it today if I could be. Bob made everyone turn them in.

Okay, thanks for the information.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I keep seeing people ask about the rpm's, but that was addressed earlier, the same pump is running at higher rpm's in other factory applications.

I also saw someone say the SRP1 would hurt sales of the Adrenaline. LOL He can't keep them in stock, how is it hurting sales again?

BTW, I don't run either of them. I'm of the opinion that IPR dump is more of an issue than pump wear. IOW if you are increasing the pump rate, you need to be able to increase the dump rate, and personally I don't even think a stock pump without an OD unit is dumping properly. I believe the SRP1 addressed this with a larger IPR dump line. This is really important for DD vs a race truck that makes a pass and it's over. Thats why I still think for DD hi performance applications, dual pumps and dual IPR's are the best way to go and will supply all the oil anyone will ever need and won't make the ICP go crazy. If they don't, then put an OD in front of them and see what happens. LOL LOL LOL

Tom S

Reaction score
Tom S I 'm still waitng for Bob to build more. I need one for my build. How long ago did you get yours.

I had it here for a while I just did not have the time to do it with a remodel project going on. I did not realize that Bob did not have them in stock. I will say it is a fine piece of craftsmanship.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I didn't see where anybody said anything about that, except for you.

The only person who has had hands on experience with the product in this thread, chose to only talk about how crazy fast the startups were.

I was replying to what Tarm said...

Talyn

Reaction score
I only looked at the first page, but IIRC bob took took the pump down due to inconsistencies in the performance or something like that due to the overdrive being to aggressive.

It was posted someplace on PSN.

Talyn

Reaction score
Thats why I still think for DD hi performance applications, dual pumps and dual IPR's are the best way to go and will supply all the oil anyone will ever need and won't make the ICP go crazy. If they don't, then put an OD in front of them and see what happens. LOL LOL LOL

dual IPR's. Booo.
Not needed.
More hassle than its worth really.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I only looked at the first page, but IIRC bob took took the pump down due to inconsistencies in the performance or something like that due to the overdrive being to aggressive.

It was posted someplace on PSN.

Post a link or STFU...

Talyn, you go all over the place making "statements" that are complete BULLCHIT. Don't start that here, most know better and understand what is the truth.

Is not what? Back ordered or???

dual IPR's. Booo.
Not needed.

Dual IPR's and or a larger IPR fix 90% of the issues the "dual" pump guys have... You have no experience with any HPOP so again, STFU.

Dont forget they leak alot also...

What part of the IPR leaks? I'm interested to know because in about 1.25 million miles of driving the 7.3, I have never had an IPR "leak"...

Big Bore

Reaction score
dual IPR's. Booo.
Not needed.

:lookaround:

How much hassle is it? Is it more hassle than chasing ICP all over the map, ICP that seems to be possessed, because it's trying to dump TWICE the stock oil volume through one tiny hose? A hose that gets so hot it melts pushloc connectors? Is that heat good for the oil? Doesn't that heat impart the impression that there is a LOT of restriction in the line with the result being a huge amount of friction? Does it make ANY sense to have that much flow restriction and heat when it can easily be remedied? Can you think of any other problems that might be created for the oil and the engine in general as a result of this heat? Does it make ANY sense to tolerate that scenario in the HPO system that is the heartbeat of a HUEI injection system, but do everything possible to avoid the exact same scenario in the fuel system that is flowing much less volume with much less pressure? Does it make ANY sense to tolerate that restrictive condition when it flies in the face of fluid dynamics in a hydraulic system?

I'll help you, the answer to almost every question above is "NO" or "NONE" to anyone with any mechanical and common sense.

Latest posts

Members online