Which injector should I go with?

Which Injector should I go with?

• Total voters

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Matt can you help zach with this desicion? You seem to have the skinny and right now thats what he needs is a solid answer so he can get them in. Can he put in 190/75s and pull 25k with a stock turbo or pmax?

Stroker04

Reaction score
I have heard most guys like running 190s with there stock turbos and that was a very good setup for them...If thats an option I would do that. Keep in mind I don't tow very often at ALL...Couple times a year maybe. Sometimes more though.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You have a powermax though. I dont really think he will say keep the stocker over that.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Personally I would choose something between 50-75 percent nozzle that is new manufacture with no more than 30% extrude hone work.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
155 175 190??

The 175s will have a slight gain over the 155s with the 75% nozzle but the power potential will be the same between the 155 and 175 with the 50% over stock nozzle. I'm pretty sure the 175cc 8 hole injectors that Trucksource sells would be just fine as I have seen them in action.

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So 175cc's with 75% nozzle built by warren and a power max,,,,with your tow file he can pull 25k??

Gearhead

Reaction score
Maybe some smoke when pulling a hill. I don't know what nozzle they use, but if it is 75% over stock and that flow rate was a result of no more than 30% over the EDM-machined hole flow then yes.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Any chance he can use warrens 190s/75s?? Same deal as before or to hot?

strokin6L

Reaction score
I have 190/75 injectors in my truck. I ran them for a year with the stock turbo and had tried them with all the tunes i have. I myself wouldn't tow 25K with a 190/75 injector and stock turbo...even with a tow tune cause my truck still got pretty warm towing about 10K(not including truck weight). Egt's can be controlled with your right foot however, but that's alot of weight with that injector/turbo combo. I guess it just depends on how much fuel your tuner can pull from the 190/75's so that you wont hafta worry about egt's that much. I know the power will be there for sure, but i'd just be worried about constantly worrying about the heat/egt's towing that weight. Now if Zach was towing half that much, i'd say do the 190/75's then.

Last edited:

lubeowner

Reaction score
We have done several truck with cutting the internals to flow 190cc and leaving the stock nozzle on them. These are trucks that are going to be worked. Characteristics of the truck only really change at wide open throttle. Can get the truck to around 500 rwhp with the stock turbo. Basically this is good for about 75 hp peak. Makes the trucks a lot more fun to drive.

Stroker04

Reaction score
That sounds like something I would be interested in Jeremy. So at WOT the truck comes alive and while cruising what would it act like? A smaller size injector like a 155?

lubeowner

Reaction score
They start, idle and drive around just like a stock injector. You only notice the difference when the truck is calling for the high pulse width. Then at any point in the future you can upgrade the nozzles if you want. Which is something you can very easily do yourself. I have a truck that has the internal cut to 190 with 20% over nozzles. He loves it tows 20k plus all the time on stock 03 turbo.

Stroker04

Reaction score
With the 20% over nozzles does he notices a difference driving unloaded? I know I tow 20K plus sometimes but it is very rare and there are no hills its all on flat ground, so it runs pretty cool.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the sounds like a perfectly good logic Jeremy

Is there a hp difference between a truck with 190's and stock nozzles versus say 50% 75% or 100% nozzles? I wouldn't think it would at least, the larger nozzles just empty the fuel faster no bellowing smoke... the smaller nozzles atomize better correct?

Last edited:

Chris

Reaction score
If youre going to be towing 25k all the time, honestly stick with a stock nozzle. a 100 percent nozzle, no matter how you slice it, will have downsides to towing heavy on a 6.0.

We have built a lot of 6.0s locally for construction guys that tow dump trailers and goosenecks on a regular basis. The setup that works the best is the stock turbo and 190/75s. The trucks still get to the 500 horse range but towing is not to bad with propper tuning and a watchful eye on the pyro. a 100 percent nozzle is always going to haze, and it does not matter what someone tells you can or cant be done in the tuning. The only way to get around this would be a STELLAR set of twins utilizing a very responsive vgt.

Chris

Reaction score
In that case id go with a 190/75. Youre running matts tunes and he can detune the injectors as good as anyone, and tune your powermax to work with them. Youll have a very fun driveable setup that way, and should be able to break 500 hp when you want to have some fun.

Latest posts

Members online