Which injectors/turbo are right for me?

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I have the follow mods listed in my signature. I just picked up ARP headstuds and want to start to collect all my stuff for when I pull the motor. I have to replace the oil pan so I figured while I was there get it all done.

I was thinking about 238/80's or 238/100's. I know my modified stock turbo won't support the injectors so I need to replace it as well. I've had some say get a 38R but I just want to make sure I don't buy one then out grow it. Am I going in the right direction with these sticks or should I look at something else?

I just dyno'd at 318HP and 720lbs of torque. Do you think that new injectors and a turbo will push me to the 400 HP mark? What else should I look at to replace while I'm in there? I do have PMR's so I know they should be on the list as well.

Thoughts?

dmd

Reaction score
I have almost the same setup. Interested as I have a injector that is starting to make some clicking... Only difference is that I would like to keep the stock turbo if I can

Tom S

Reaction score
I think it would help if you put up how much you have to spend and what your goals and uses are.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
It's my daily driver but would like to hit the 400 HP mark, I do some light towing such as a 6000lb camper and small 18' boat. I'd like to say over the course of gathering parts $3000 would be the budget for now not counting injectors. Am I way under budget or can something be done within that?

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I think you could do it if your NOT including injectors in that price. If your still towing, and daily driving and ONLY want above 400hp mark, I would just go with something like a 200/30% hybrid injectors with a 38R... I doubt you will even need to upgrade your HPOP of yours is in pretty good condition.

On edit: throw a RR in there. That's a setup to keep costs down. And still run good.

rat49f6

Reaction score
glad to see u posting this here not elsewhere ... these guys will shoot you straight

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont see any oil mods? I know that hybrids use less oil but yours will eventually need to go to heaven. Im not trying to split hairs here either so please dont take it that way!! I dont have my oil done yet either. Just asking ya. I have ordered a srp1 though...Those are very modestly priced for what you are getting. Congrats on the hpo x over.

Im gonna be grabbing a set of 300cc inj's with 200 over nozzles and I just feel the srp1 is $$$ well spent. Wont have any issues at PT, 1/2T, or WOT.

TARM

Reaction score
Simple 238/100 with a 38R and stock HPOP or better yet a modded one up to a SRP1 will get you 450-475 HP

So yes no issue at all hitting your goal. If will need to upgrade you fuel system to hit those numbers without drops in pressure. So I would recommend at least some upgrades there if not a full system if it has not already been addressed. If all you want is 400 HP the tuner can easily dial it back to hit that and you should be able to get by with a single stock fuel pump with a RR added and the tank mod.

If you have an auto and plan to use that need power I would recommend at a min a tq converter from KT Perf and VB from BTS or JW.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I think he has a BTS so he has the pretty expensive part out of the way...

The base hybrid with the 38r is a well known configuration for the power level your trying to achieve and a little beyond just for fun.

jwlandry

Reaction score
238/80s, 38r, fuel system, HPOP, studs and while your there id do pushrods and valve springs. They are cheap insurance.

All these parts listed above with some good tuning will put you north of 450 and will be a blast to drive.

bruce

Reaction score
instead of the 38r i would prolly do the s366 on irates mount, its cheaper than a 38r with bellowed up pipes and its a quality product with room to grow. a lot of people are talkin about how the 200% nozzle is the tits so i might also suggest a 250/200 injector. i mean they are the same money.

TyCorr

Reaction score
instead of the 38r i would prolly do the s366 on irates mount, its cheaper than a 38r with bellowed up pipes and its a quality product with room to grow. a lot of people are talkin about how the 200% nozzle is the tits so i might also suggest a 250/200 injector. i mean they are the same money.

:whs: I think people are saying, intentionally or not, that the 200% nozzle is the berries, more so than the actual 250cc inj. If you get a 300cc inj you can use the 200 over nozzle and should you decide to bump it up a 300/300 is a pretty powerful inj, even by todays standards. Pullers use 400/400's or maybe even larger in some cases.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
2002 means pmrs unless you've swapped in some forged or billet rods. In that case here is my suggestion. Call Jake at Irate Diesel Performance. He can hook you up with a package deal that's a little easier on the wallet. Also he's always willing to give good advise. My opinion is 250/100's or 250/200's and an s366. If you're not counting the injectors in the budget, you could get the turbo, mount, srp-1, and maybe jake's regulated return for right around $3k.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.