Which injectors/turbo are right for me?

TARM

Reaction score
The turbo recommendation was based on other posts with feedback from users that tow.
WOP is behind it so I am comfortable with reliability. I would spend a little more for these reasons.
I am not familiar with the turbo you recommended.

SRP-1 Not all feedback has been positive. I think they are working out the bugs and Six months from now it will be a great HPOP.
I have the Adrenaline and it works great with stock split shots so it should work great with smaller Hybrids.

Injectors, I would be concerned with 250's and hybrids. I would also be concerned with 238s and hybrids. I know Pocket has a thread on them and does his own tuning. I think he is the pioneer on what can be done with the 250 Hybrid on PMRs. In the recommendation posted by 389 Six Pack, no vendor recommended higher than stage II injectors for towing.

I don't know about the FRX you are talking about. The one I have is a regulated return and not a feed. It uses the fuel bowl mounted regulator and has springs that are used to adjust fuel system psi.

DP tuner recommendation. He currently runs there tunes and is a satisfied customer.
If I am a satisfied customer, I stick with the vendor.

In closing, the $3000.00 goal is only possible with injectors and 38r only. Realistically with my recommendations the OP is closer to $4200.00.

My recommendations/opinions are slanted towards reliability and towing performance.

Explain how a 238/100% or even a 500/100% is somehow going to create any more stress on a PMR engine than a 160/100 Stage II given proper tuning?

Tuning controls PW ICP SOI irregardless of injector specs. You are talking about injectors all with the same size nozzle. Tuning is controlling when and how much fuel is injected. Injector type and nozzle size effects how the tunes are configured to reach various rates, timing, and over all volume of fuel being injected but the tuning is what has final ultimately control but the injector controls the maximum limits tuning can reach but for practical purposes not minimum levels. Add in same nozzle size and.....

If you dump too much fuel at the wrong times its not going to matter whether its got 160CC or 1000cc of fuel at the ready those rods are going bye bye. Just look at how many stock injector turbo motors spewed rods and windowed blocks becasue of incorrect tuning.

TARM

Reaction score
CGMKCM ,

Disregard my last post with your quote. I miss read what you posted. Damn brain on the fritz again. LOL Some how I combined the part about PMR with the part of the hybrids and mixed it all together in one big happy pot!?!

But do consider what I posted in relation to your concern of injector size. Do not confuse maximum potential of a injector with its min abilities or potential and configurabilty/flexibility. In some ways a larger nozzled injector could be safer.

IMO the reason for Stage II and towing is that stage II can produce all the power than can practically be used for towing. You can not actually use 500-600 HP to the ground to tow as you will tear up the rest of the trucks drive train ( Ask Charles LOL). But at the same time that has zero to do with how well much larger injectors can be used for towing as well. One is looking at the maximum output limits ( the Stage II) while the other is looking at what a injector can be tuned to somewhere within its over all potential. If you will never want or need more power than what can be used to tow with then sure a stage II will do. But that is very different than what size injectors can be tuned for towing and work just as well if not even better than Stage IIs.

bruce

Reaction score
The turbo recommendation was based on other posts with feedback from users that tow.
WOP is behind it so I am comfortable with reliability. I would spend a little more for these reasons.
I am not familiar with the turbo you recommended.

SRP-1 Not all feedback has been positive. I think they are working out the bugs and Six months from now it will be a great HPOP.
I have the Adrenaline and it works great with stock split shots so it should work great with smaller Hybrids.

Injectors, I would be concerned with 250's and hybrids. I would also be concerned with 238s and hybrids. I know Pocket has a thread on them and does his own tuning. I think he is the pioneer on what can be done with the 250 Hybrid on PMRs. In the recommendation posted by 389 Six Pack, no vendor recommended higher than stage II injectors for towing.

I don't know about the FRX you are talking about. The one I have is a regulated return and not a feed. It uses the fuel bowl mounted regulator and has springs that are used to adjust fuel system psi.

DP tuner recommendation. He currently runs there tunes and is a satisfied customer.
If I am a satisfied customer, I stick with the vendor.

In closing, the $3000.00 goal is only possible with injectors and 38r only. Realistically with my recommendations the OP is closer to $4200.00.

My recommendations/opinions are slanted towards reliability and towing performance.

not all feedback of the adreneline is positive, i honestly don't know how they even sell them anymore now that the srp1 is out
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72860

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong, but the frx doesn't allow the fuel to pass through the heads before returning to the tanks. That still makes it a dead head system. Again, im not 100% so correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking it just connects to the fuel bowl regulator, Ts off to the other two ports, and the excess fuel passes through the T and not the heads to go back to the tank.

Last edited:

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong, but the frx doesn't allow the fuel to pass through the heads before returning to the tanks. That still makes it a dead head system. Again, im not 100% so correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking it just connects to the fuel bowl regulator, Ts off to the other two ports, and the excess fuel passes through the T and not the heads to go back to the tank.

The FRX ties into the rear fuel port on the drivers side head, and the forward fuel port on the passengers side head.

Those lines are then connected to the fuel pressure regulator housing where spring pressure is used to regulate the return fuel pressure to the tank. It is not dead headed.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I understand the FRX but am not going to be able to do it. I need those ports for the vegi system. Unless I sit down and really make up som sort of tee with check valve in them...

CGMKCM

Reaction score
not all feedback of the adreneline is positive, i honestly don't know how they even sell them anymore now that the srp1 is out
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72860

Not going down the HPOP war road with you.

The thread you link to a tuner with a great reputation is asking repeatedly about the tunes folks are running.

He is not questioning the quality of the pump. Other tuners also have nothing but good things to say about the pump.

If you look around in GOOGLE or other search engine you will find Bob Riley has an outstanding reputation.

He has pulled several items from production because suppliers could not meet his quality requirements.

The adrenaline was tested for two years before he put it on the market.

I have used it for over two years and it supplies my stock split shots with plenty of oil 2800 psi 40% in my 100 hp tune.

I can only recall Two negative thread on PSN about the Adrenaline. One was a person that did not change the provided o-rings on the IPR. Bob travelled on his own dime to investigate/ fix the problem.

The second was a person that was given the pump second hand and shortly after installation the pump supposedly suffered from catastrophic damage. As it turned out the engine had catastrophic damage and destroyed the pump.

I get that you like the SRP-1, but to bash the Adrenaline without knowing anything about it is not right.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
tarm, i think when TyCorr was commenting on the valve springs, he was asking that are there springs out there with enough pressure, regardless of installed height, to make it so he does not have to shim. i dont think he was concerned with uneven pressure, at least he didnt make it sound like it, he just wanted a spring with enough pressure that he simply did not have to shim them.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
I encourage your source of negative feedback (I'm assuming it's someone actually running a SRP1?) to post on the SRP1 field report thread. Please elaborate on the bugs you're aware of.

My comments "SRP-1 Not all feedback has been positive. I think they are working out the bugs and Six months from now it will be a great HPOP.
I have the Adrenaline and it works great with stock split shots so it should work great with smaller Hybrids."

I am again not going to get into HPOP wars. I didn't appreciate this comment (I'm assuming it's someone actually running a SRP1?)

I'm assuming you actually want to see feedback and are not a SRP nut swinger. I am also assuming you know how to use google to search.

If you Google Stealth SRP-1 problems, there are some examples of issues that folks are having. It also provides Q&A and user feedback.

Not widespread issues, IMO growing pains.

If you Google Stretcher performance you will find some customer service related information.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Posts like yours above are what I consider a detractor to the PSA forum. Where all here to learn, make more power with our trucks or make 'em run better.

My comments "SRP-1 Not all feedback has been positive. I think they are working out the bugs and Six months from now it will be a great HPOP.
I asked you to post up the "issues" you speak of. Still waiting.
I have the Adrenaline and it works great with stock split shots so it should work great with smaller Hybrids."
Great. Be sure to post up your Max ICP and Duty Cycle when you get those smaller hybrids.

I am again not going to get into HPOP wars. I didn't appreciate this comment (I'm assuming it's someone actually running a SRP1?)
The likely reason you don't appreciate this comment is because you've been called out....you're commenting on something you have zero personal experience with.

Also...there is no HPOP War. I'm not certain how or who one would declare HPOP War on, or how one could declare HPOP War Victory.

Just for perspective....we are typing on anonymous internet forum, talking about a 15lb hydraulic pump for a 10 year old diesel motor they don't make anymore. I personally, have better uses for my time.

But...because I've learned a bunch of forums like this...and appreciate the knowledge/experience on here...so I feel compelled to respond to you.

I'm assuming you actually want to see feedback and are not a SRP nut swinger.
Yes, I would like to see feedback. That is why I started the thread linked here.

I am also assuming you know how to use google to search.
:lame:

If you Google Stealth SRP-1 problems, there are some examples of issues that folks are having. It also provides Q&A and user feedback.

I just used my mad Google skills...no joy on finding the information you allude to. Please spell it out (i.e. with a link) for those of us without your awe inspiring Google powers.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=srp-1+problems

Not widespread issues, IMO growing pains.
Again, not sure of the issues.

If you Google Stretcher performance you will find some customer service related information.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stecher+Performance+customer+service

Went to the 5th page...must've missed it. Square me away.

Have you ever actually talked to any of these people, or ran any of their products? Or are you speaking out of your 4th point of contact? The reason I ask, is there's a lot of flaky info on the internet. Because Google says it's true...doesn't mean it is.

For the "record"....I don't give 2 bent pennies what stuff is on your truck, or what you think sucks or rocks...I just have a hard time with folks like yourself that post BS like you did....with no personal experience whatsoever. And the reason I have heartache with it, is because later some fella will read your post, and not realize you have "zero" personal experience on the issue, and you could help shape an expensive decision for him. It would be like me commenting on sizing compounds....I can use this thing you call Google...and see that a 38r stuffed by a 47-88 ought to be a great place to start...but I don't really know that...I just pulled it out of my arse...because I have no personal experience with it.

If you know something, the rest of us don't....then quit pussy footing around and post it. If not....Google STFU for me.

OP-Sorry for the derail.

Last edited:

CGMKCM

Reaction score
To the O.P. sorry that I participated in hi jacking your thread.
I attempted to give my opinions on what works for me and then felt I had to defend my opinions and here we are.

V-ref, sorry about the crappy tone I took in responding to you. I also want to help folks improve there trucks. I strive to post accurate information along with my personal observations.

Click on the link in #52 and read the FTE thread and the diesel site thread. I talked with the guy on FTE for awhile at Riff Raff East. That is where my comment about working the bugs out came from.

Customer service was in regard to long lead times and in a one case having a little finger pointing going on with a vendor.

I was reluctant to provide direct links because I would have liked to give the guy on FTE a heads up before putting the info out there.

TARM

Reaction score
I am sorry but that whole linked thread is silly. You have specific people making assumptions on failures and some basically bad mouth every pump made. Not until near then end and looking at other threads do you find out a + clear bias to one manf pumps is likely the motivation.

I played follow the links for a bit over and frankly the logic some use or lack of it makes my head hurt. They confuse things up so much there is no way anyone could figure anything out. Then add in people purposing injecting negatively anywhere they see an opening grr forget about it.

It goes so far as you have a one guy trying to claim the supposed 100 sold SPR1s is just the number that Gary sent to vendors not close to actual customers who have installed them that must be much lower. I assume this is his way of trying to insinuate a higher failure rate. Of course funny he completely disregards the huge backlog of orders that is in the hundreds where people are waiting on pumps as they are going to customers as fast as Gary can make them. SO every pump is possibly in a truck running with a couple days after it arrives LOL

A few good guys from here tried to add some common sense and actual facts to it all but frankly I think it fell on deaf ears likely becasue that was not fitting with the ultimate goal. It is sad that I think it very true that some people really do find satisfaction and feed of negatively, problems, dissatisfaction, anger, etc.. The far something or one can be pulled down the more excited and or satisfied they get. Whats worse it seems a few do not even have a dog in the hunt i.e do not own one of the products or hell even a competing product. Makes me wonder if some even have a 7.3:doh:

TARM

Reaction score
250/200's . can alway detune them some but the fuel is there when and where added by Tarm you want it.

You can keep WOT fuel PW lower but becasue of the faster injection rate possible it carries fueling to higher rpms ( which is the "where" in above edit). Thus same or lower peak Torque which is lower cylinder pressure yet still higher HP and nice broader power curve.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.