white swallow build

Super08Duty

Reaction score
As for the pushrods, ill be taking a closer look at them soon to get an exact number of how many were bent/warped. upon disassembling the valvetrain, the ball on one of the rocker arms fell off and came apart in my hand. so the truck will be getting a new one. placed my order for dual fuelers, airdog upgrade kit, and line clamps yesterday. once i get the tools i need, the heads will be coming off for springs. Probably having the heads takin to a machine shop to have cleaned up.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Heres the only pic i have, took it right before the cab came off.

IMG_1563.jpg

Your truck looks sick man. Love the all white look.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Thanks guys, hoping to get a cover in a mag one of these days. finally got it the was i want it on the outside. now to get the power where i want it.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
small update, fuel rails are ready to ship out, and injectors are cleaned up and ready to be shipped out for nozzles. Couple pics of the injectors, looks like my no. 4 injector got pretty toasty.

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

And heres a random pic of the differences in stock pushrod ball end (Left) and Elites stage 1 pushrods on the (right)

IMG_1589.jpg

Cant get much more progress done without the dual fuelers, turbo, injectors back, and airdog upgrade kit. thinking about pulling the heads this week.

MorganY

Reaction score
wouldn't be a bad idea so we can get the heads off to a good machine shop. you never know what we may find under the heads :naughty:

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Figured id bring this thread back for a minute for those of you that are still curious.

Got the heads back today. had the new springs installed, pressure tested and magnafluxed the heads. Everything checked out great. Heads, valves, block, pistons, cylinder walls all look amazing for how hard i drive this truck. Heads and valvetrain will be back together this week. still waiting on the dual fuelers to come in.

MorganY

Reaction score
We have the block prepped, cleaned out all the stud holes, gaskets in and the bottom of the studs threaded in the block hand tight. Heads are finished as mentioned above.

Colton and I thought were discussing what the final torque should be on the ARPs, and thought we should check on here first. Any ideas?

The studs have been torqued once before, and have been on for only 10,000 miles.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I thought final torque on them was 275 ft lbs, but I could be wrong. I know they were originally 325 ft lbs. They dropped that spec though. Hopefully someone who is 100% sure on the new final torque spec will chime in.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I thought final torque on them was 275 ft lbs, but I could be wrong. I know they were originally 325 ft lbs. They dropped that spec though. Hopefully someone who is 100% sure on the new final torque spec will chime in.

I think the torque spec changes with the lube you use.

I remember someone talking about having emailed ARP and they replied that the torques changed when they changed lube.

I could be way wrong too, though.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
New lube spec is 275 old lube is 325. I know other places using the old spec with the new lube...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online