DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
20140214_105259_zpsuexiguvm.jpg

And what caused it exactly and what symptoms did you have

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Its a factory plug that was reinstalled into new heads. Had about 1000 miles on it.

Yes that is soot all over it

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yup. I had to use vice grips to get them out. The truck starts like **** and Grey smokes likes all hell. Has a fuel knock on a few cylinder. We removed injectors tested them, perfect. Went to do compression test and couldn't even get these out of the head. Yes they were torqued upon install

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
20140214_132052_zpsrho9ibbv.jpg

This is #7. It had a positive balance on graph and a fuel knock that went away when injector was disabled. I replaced injector and same thing in a few miles.

webb06

Reaction score
Something muffed up with the sleeve? For combustion to get up that high I'd guess they weren't seating on the sleeve.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Thats my thoughts. Something up with sleeves. I'm just waiting for someone to PM me something and drop a name cause I need to see whose paying for what

jr6968

Reaction score
seems to me that the only way something like that could happen, would be if the sleeve wasn't seated properly. through a couple heat cycles, the sleeve moves and the glow plug loosens up.

reilly8282

Reaction score
I know you didnt get to the compression test before you figured out the issue, but what did the relative compression test look like? Was 7 low?

Zmann

Reaction score
Nope. I won't say whose heads, but not ford's

so you didn't exactly answer the question new/reman Ford ?
so excuse Me if I am wrong
but if they arent "Ford" heads there is only one other brand that I have seen it's the Chinese head that Odessa/clearwater/ and apparently Quick tricks sells ?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I do not Know the supplier of the head. But it's not a Ford product. Nor any you mentioned

Zmann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL View Post
I do not Know the manufacturer of the head. But it's not a Ford product. Nor any you mentioned
well the ones I mentioned are apparently all the same overseas casting so I bet the ones you have are also

keep us posted

reilly8282

Reaction score
How about some info, symptoms and issues. You said a fuel knock and what else? Was the relative compression normal? Would it only knock when warm, also why do you think a new injector masked the issue for 1000 miles? This is one of the first times I have seen you ask for help vs helping others, so I'm curious to see some more info about what got you stumped.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.