Who needs a 6 speed to select gears

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
The pcs is Probibly the best mod ive done to my truck.. No matter how many tunes from tuners ive tried none shifted exactly how i wanted. After a week of having the pcs i had it dialed in to perfection. And i havnt even played around with the trick stuff just shift points, converter lockup and line pressure.

I have it setup like that to 1st - 2nd - 3rd - lockup 3 - locked 4th. 5 speed :)

Last edited:

2000wa250

Reaction score
I want to see someone do a center console shifter, but use a shifter out of an audi or vw meant for a trip tronic. Forget the buttons, have it set in drive and its normal, pop it over to triptronic and theres your manual. Man that would be sweet. Have the benefits and fun of a manual with the speed and no loss of boost of an automatic...holy crap

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The pcs is Probibly the best mod ive done to my truck.. No matter how many tunes from tuners ive tried none shifted exactly how i wanted. After a week of having the pcs i had it dialed in to perfection. And i havnt even played around with the trick stuff just shift points, converter lockup and line pressure.

I have it setup like that to 1st - 2nd - 3rd - lockup 3 - locked 4th. 5 speed :)

Try lockup in 2nd...........................................Or first :evil

Minotaur is much cheaper...:D

:poke:

But can you bang gears with minotaur :p

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Once I select full manual mode it works like trip tronic in a sense yes. You cant skip gears.

I couldnt be in 4th and select "1" but I could gear down 3-2-1 in consecutive shifts. Yes, no matter what MPH, RPM it will command the shift if I press the button.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
manualf.png

Two bubbles in that shot. One is the test mode, basically just click off the box you want to use and select on or off. So there its checked manual mode ON and the buttons below command the shifts.

2nd bubble is my digital inputs. First I toggle into manual mode, then shift with the buttons I have programed and wired.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Did you lose your cruise control when you switched to the PCS?

My truck is an XL....The only option it came with was AC LOL, thats why I gave it a stupid amount of HP so people dont think I was too cheap to afford the XLT with power options.

Hand crank windows yo, saves weight LOLLOLLOL:pimp:

But that being said I believe cruise isnt controlled with the trans. Its based off the engine. So ya I dont think it would matter.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Once I select full manual mode it works like trip tronic in a sense yes. You cant skip gears.

I couldnt be in 4th and select "1" but I could gear down 3-2-1 in consecutive shifts. Yes, no matter what MPH, RPM it will command the shift if I press the button.

Its been a few years but last time I drove an audi with triptronic that's exactly how it was. No skipping gears but you could bang through the as fast as you could hit the stick forward. This might have just sold me on an eventual manual to auto swap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Its been a few years but last time I drove an audi with triptronic that's exactly how it was. No skipping gears but you could bang through the as fast as you could hit the stick forward. This might have just sold me on an eventual manual to auto swap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much exactly how it works. Except there is no PCM to override any shift.

It does what you tell it to, when you tell it too. I just need to rig something up so I can manually bang gears. Ive thought of a floor shifter but, its not a car. So it would need a long stick so the driver could reach it, as well as you would need to find something that had electronics on it so when you clicked it foward it would recognize the shift, while not looking like it belongs in the Fast and the Furious.

I like the steering wheel buttons, simple, discreet and already in place. Just add the wires and program it in. Well within reach of driver comfort and no one can bump or kick or possibly damage it being in the way.

Just need to find how to swap steering wheels and find one from an 05 I believe is when they had all the fancy buttons on them.

PCS does actually make a universal paddle shift kit....

bad12jr

Reaction score
F650 auto dash from riff raff with a on off on switch in easy reach would be wicked or in the center console.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I bet you wished you had went with a PCS in the first place DieselBoy, sounds like your happy with the performance! I should be running a 4r100 BTS controlled by a PCS before the summers over, at least that's the plan. I'm really looking forward to playing with the PCS!

jngreen

Reaction score
Pretty much exactly how it works. Except there is no PCM to override any shift.

It does what you tell it to, when you tell it too. I just need to rig something up so I can manually bang gears. Ive thought of a floor shifter but, its not a car. So it would need a long stick so the driver could reach it, as well as you would need to find something that had electronics on it so when you clicked it foward it would recognize the shift, while not looking like it belongs in the Fast and the Furious.

I like the steering wheel buttons, simple, discreet and already in place. Just add the wires and program it in. Well within reach of driver comfort and no one can bump or kick or possibly damage it being in the way.

Just need to find how to swap steering wheels and find one from an 05 I believe is when they had all the fancy buttons on them.

PCS does actually make a universal paddle shift kit....
i

You could use just a normal steering wheel with the cruise control buttons as the switches.

On button could be the manual mode on switch, then the right side of the steering wheel could be the upshift and downshift buttons.

That's how the Baumann engineering contoller worked for the e4od, way back when i was looking for a controller for my 91 f350. I never bought one or saw it in action though The ManuTronic function allows manual gear selection via the original equipment speed control (cruise control) switches. This feature allows up and down-shifting through all four gears at any time, using the Accel and Coast buttons located on the steering wheel. Initiation of this mode requires pressing the Coast and Off buttons in sequence, allowing it to coexist with the speed control system while being mutually exclusive of it

This came from this site,
http://www.baumannengineering.com/tcs.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online