Who needs a 6 speed to select gears

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Agreed best mod ive done or will do most likely! Although im excited over 400/200 and twin pumps with compounds i still think the pcs has it all beat!! Ive hated the way my truck shifted since i got it. And i loved it since day one of the pcs.

Same here, Its simple but yet complex. Im just starting to do the add ons now that its running good.

But I still tweak my tune daily lol

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Same here, Its simple but yet complex. Im just starting to do the add ons now that its running good.

But I still tweak my tune daily lol

I take it your referring to the switches for the digital inputs for OD cancel, manual mode, a switch to shift it ect...?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I take it your referring to the switches for the digital inputs for OD cancel, manual mode, a switch to shift it ect...?

Yessir, to get it operational its very simple and straight foward.

But the amount of control and add ons you can choose to have is pretty cool.

Same here Mad, always tweaking and have numerous datalogs.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Yessir, to get it operational its very simple and straight foward.

But the amount of control and add ons you can choose to have is pretty cool.

I still have yet to play with the software but I've done quite a bit of reading and talking to people about it and it seems that it's just as you said. Very simple and straight forward with TONS of control. I can't wait to play with it!

I noticed in your picture you had some of your digital inputs set to high and some set to low, why not set all of them to low? It seems like it would be much easier just to ground out each input rather than energize it, no dealing with fuses and holders for the hot wires, or wires arching if one rubbed through to ground.

djsdiesel

Reaction score
The steering wheels with the radio controls have a different resistance for the cruise control buttons, your cruise control may not work with a newer steering wheel. I have an 06 steering wheel from a cummins conversion. I had to swap it to a wheel from an 00 to get the cruise working.

$150 shipped to whoever wants it. Pm me I you want it.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Trailer. I just made that to show people. I don't have that many inputs yet. The only 3 that are low are the 3 gears that come stock in the digital inputs. My OD cancel light is all I have on high.

Ds. Thanks. And yes a friend pointed that out to me as well, the 05 wheels won't work. So looking into a 03 and down wheel. Use the on/off to shift.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Trailer. I just made that to show people. I don't have that many inputs yet. The only 3 that are low are the 3 gears that come stock in the digital inputs. My OD cancel light is all I have on high.

Ds. Thanks. And yes a friend pointed that out to me as well, the 05 wheels won't work. So looking into a 03 and down wheel. Use the on/off to shift.

Got ya, wasn't sure if that was your set up or just for demonstration. :thumbsup:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
iirc, charles is using his for his electronic boost controller, as well as other things.

he has alot of things routed through his pcs.

Jake

Reaction score
Has anyone grafted a paddle shift to one of these columns?

I looked into doing it and i don't think it would be too bad of a project. I can't remember the name of the one I was looking at as it had been a few years but the stems of the paddles were round stock so you just needed small slots in the wheel. I figured for a clock spring i could use one out of one of the trucks that had audio controls on the steering wheel or machine a custom contact wheel for it.

Yes the PCS will work on a E40D also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TARM

Reaction score
You guys do know that the manf of the PCS do make a paddle shifter assembly for the column? Not sure if anyone mentioned it in this thread or knew this. Its right int he drop down menu on the main page of the sight. Not cheap @ $500-$600 but damn nice.

ps2000big.jpg

They also make one with a screen that presents a number of sensor outputs:

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/images/db/ps2001big.jpg

The paddle shifter display allows the driver to view all of the items listed below.

Current Gear
Throttle Position
Vehicle Speed
Manifold Pressure
Coolant Temperature
Transmission Temperature
TCC Lockup %
Line Pressure %
Engine RPM / 10
Torque Converter Slip
Transmission Slip
Driveshaft RPM / 10
Turbine RPM / 10
Lever Position

I would add one even at the high cost in a heart beat if there was a clear cut way with our current steering wheel setup.

The issue is that its means for the 3 or 5 bolt not a center spline attachment of the wheel. The circuit board of the dual paddle is right in the center which prevents that kind of attachment. That is unless its possible to relocate it. I am not sure how the paddle mechanisms attach to the board. If its just wires then it seems like its somewhat easier to do but if there is hard attachments or a all in one piece it would be far more complex of a job. If we did not have to deal with airbag steering wheels or ones with aux control of cruise control radio etc

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
iirc, charles is using his for his electronic boost controller, as well as other things.

he has alot of things routed through his pcs.

I don't think he uses it for electronic boost control, but he does use a sensor that references boost. That way each shift can be based on boost rather than throttle position. But this can be used for way more than just transmission control for sure! I'm surprised Charles hasn't visited this thread yet.

jngreen

Reaction score
I don't think he uses it for electronic boost control, but he does use a sensor that references boost. That way each shift can be based on boost rather than throttle position. But this can be used for way more than just transmission control for sure! I'm surprised Charles hasn't visited this thread yet.

I think he does use it to control the wastegates as well.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Im surprised Charles hasnt either.

You can use it for quite a few sensors, However you need to know the voltage so you can program them.

TARM I didnt think a paddle shifter in an F350 would look nice. To gotti, so I got something else in the works that as Dave put it. "in the mail" :D

Latest posts

Members online