Who needs a 6 speed to select gears

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Maybe not clean...

But I'm thinking I'd like a spring-loaded to center toggle switch, at 12'o'clock on the wheel.

Although, I think a shift pendent like Chuckie uses would be more comfortable.

Not sure which one I'll go with...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
F650 auto dash from riff raff with a on off on switch in easy reach would be wicked or in the center console.

I have the f650 dash. Manual version. Im going to use its top space for my switches, Calibration B, TC unlock, Dyno mode and 4LOW.

I bet you wished you had went with a PCS in the first place DieselBoy, sounds like your happy with the performance! I should be running a 4r100 BTS controlled by a PCS before the summers over, at least that's the plan. I'm really looking forward to playing with the PCS!

Yes ! I dont know why I let ______ Waste my time letting him try to make it work with the factory stuff. Would have saved me a few hundred dollars and wouldve ran from the get go. Live and learn I guess. Its a sweet system. Very simple, but so many add ons if you want.

i

You could use just a normal steering wheel with the cruise control buttons as the switches.

On button could be the manual mode on switch, then the right side of the steering wheel could be the upshift and downshift buttons.

That's how the Baumann engineering contoller worked for the e4od, way back when i was looking for a controller for my 91 f350. I never bought one or saw it in action though The ManuTronic function allows manual gear selection via the original equipment speed control (cruise control) switches. This feature allows up and down-shifting through all four gears at any time, using the Accel and Coast buttons located on the steering wheel. Initiation of this mode requires pressing the Coast and Off buttons in sequence, allowing it to coexist with the speed control system while being mutually exclusive of it

This came from this site,
http://www.baumannengineering.com/tcs.htm

I did consider a wheel from a 02-03. Just use the on/off buttons for shifting. I just prefer the look of the 05 wheel with its buttons. Im not sure if the wheel is a direct swap or I need to change the whole column or what. Something to look into.

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with on the 05 column.

Me too, Do you know if I can just use an 05 wheel ? Or will I need to swap the whole column >

Maybe not clean...

But I'm thinking I'd like a spring-loaded to center toggle switch, at 12'o'clock on the wheel.

Although, I think a shift pendent like Chuckie uses would be more comfortable.

Not sure which one I'll go with...

Last I saw Chuckles had some badass joystick thing. Allowed him to cycle left to right and that was PRND21. And flip the switch and forward to back was upshift and downshift.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I'm comp only, or that's what it'll be when the truck hits the road...

So I'm thinking either the switch on the wheel where my left hand usually is, or the pendent (joystick) in my free hand. Trigger locks the converter-letting go unlocks. Switch for the thumb to shift up/down.

It'll be a function over form deal either way it goes lol.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Do you know if I can just use an 05 wheel ? Or will I need to swap the whole column

That, I'm not 100% sure on. I would prob swap the whole column but that's just because I've pulled enough of em over the years, they aren't hard to swap. The plugs might not line up & require some cut/splice/solder/heat shrink to make work. That's where a wheel swap might come into play but can't say for sure.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Each cruise control switch produces a specific voltage that the PCM uses to interpret driver intent. This is going to be a problem, you may have to get a bit creative to make this work.

Be sure to get the wheel, clock spring and harness to keep things easy.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Man u can tell the ones with the money and spend 750 or more to be able to shift there little automatics.. Just grow a set and get a 6 speed :poke::pointlaugh:

Truck came with one ! After realizing it would always be a slow smokey turd and blowing clutches left right and center, the auto went in :evil:

That, I'm not 100% sure on. I would prob swap the whole column but that's just because I've pulled enough of em over the years, they aren't hard to swap. The plugs might not line up & require some cut/splice/solder/heat shrink to make work. That's where a wheel swap might come into play but can't say for sure.

Thats what Im afraid of LOL, I pulled the column when the swap was done to add on the shift arm and such. Your right its not the end of the world.

Each cruise control switch produces a specific voltage that the PCM uses to interpret driver intent. This is going to be a problem, you may have to get a bit creative to make this work.

Be sure to get the wheel, clock spring and harness to keep things easy.

Hmmm, thats why I was thinking the 05 wheel with the volume buttons. It would just be a simple up or down.

907DAVE

Reaction score
What inputs does your PCS need to do this? Are they programmable?

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Truck came with one ! After realizing it would always be a slow smokey turd and blowing clutches left right and center, the auto went in :evil:

But but but I heard all you need is a big dual disk clutch in a manual & it was 100% bullet proof to 2000hp. Maybe you just got a Friday trans & Monday clutches....:lookaround:

:D

In my drag tune, I have it locking in 1st gear at WOT :shocked:

I bet that has to be a blast to ride in when it locks up & GOES! :gethim:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

To run it, power, ground and TPS. Plus what its harness replaces on the trans.

The rest are optional add ons to only better then system, and make it more customizable.. In not sure what your asking by programmable ?

Greg, I 2nd that. 1st gear lockups and all go :D :evil

907DAVE

Reaction score
The inputs for the manual shift feature, do you know what they need to be?

Can the inputs be reprogrammed to accept different controllers?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I would say yes. All it is, is a wire from the PCS harness that you run to a swtich. Then program via the Digital Inputs. For example Im positive you could use the OD on/off button for an upshift If I programmed it.
PCS has a few pages on how to build an actual contoller. If Chuckles sees this thread he would be far better at answering then me. As far as Im concerned, you would need the manual switch which would probably have to power the upshift/downshift buttons when engaged and then go to town.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
This was what Charles had rigged up for his -

2252355360082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

Wackerjr

Reaction score

All the inputs on a pcs controller are VERY easy to wire....and very taylorable to your needs. I.E. ground trigger, 12v trigger, momentary switch, toggle. simple one wire hookup, and drop down boxes in the software.....

IMO the PCS is the best money you can spend, I would also get the Data logger(best and easiest on the market IMO)

Both my vehicles are going to have one....

Hell I personally would use the power window button :) paddle shift easy :)

Reaction score
Would be awesome to figure out a way to use this with a floor shifter. I'm already trying to figure out a way to make a floor shifter work with an E4OD.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I'm comp only, or that's what it'll be when the truck hits the road...

So I'm thinking either the switch on the wheel where my left hand usually is, or the pendent (joystick) in my free hand. Trigger locks the converter-letting go unlocks. Switch for the thumb to shift up/down.

It'll be a function over form deal either way it goes lol.

The bucket control in the CAT loader I was running today would be awesome for a comp only setup. Kick-down button for TC lockup, direction control on the side for upshift/downshift. Mount the unit in the center console and use it for a hand throttle also.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
All the inputs on a pcs controller are VERY easy to wire....and very taylorable to your needs. I.E. ground trigger, 12v trigger, momentary switch, toggle. simple one wire hookup, and drop down boxes in the software.....

IMO the PCS is the best money you can spend, I would also get the Data logger(best and easiest on the market IMO)

Both my vehicles are going to have one....

Hell I personally would use the power window button :) paddle shift easy :)

Agreed best mod ive done or will do most likely! Although im excited over 400/200 and twin pumps with compounds i still think the pcs has it all beat!! Ive hated the way my truck shifted since i got it. And i loved it since day one of the pcs.

Latest posts

Members online