Who's ran what with 250/100s

isootmypants

Reaction score
I ran a s300 based 72/74/1.15 with those size injectors. Loose exhaust housing so I didn't have to gate it, less back pressure etc. didn't lite like a 38 but did hit hard and made great power. I towed with it, dd, raced.

thuglike

Reaction score
Looking at a turbonetics super 72... That in getting a screaming deal on. Question is is 250/1s enough. Driving at 5k-7k ft elevation

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

Gonna be a problem. I think you'll need the tightest housings you can get or a bit smaller lung all together.

There are some tuning tweeks that can be done to help light the chargers but at that elevation it may not be enought to satisfy you.

thuglike

Reaction score
Jacob from htt and Luke (short bus) are good resources as well..they have plenty of expeience with the mid sized lungs and elevation. They have both tried a variety of turbo's and injector sizes

97stoker350

Reaction score
I don't think its gonna be CLEAN with a single in a 7.3 at that elevation but u might be able to get her close with a LOT of tuning and geting the turbo where u want it

thuglike

Reaction score
Would going with a 200% nozzle be beneficial or would I need more cc as well?

I want a clean 575-600

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

I love that nozzle!!! You'll burn cooler for sure. Egt's are very manageable!!

It is alot of fuel. You'll have a slight haze but nothing stupid.

Playing with timing delay, icp, dc, fuel tables and shift points any combo can be tuned to be real clean and powerful. I would rather you went with a 200% nozzle and the larger lung than go a little smaller in both regards.

isootmypants

Reaction score
When you mean laggy. What are we talking bout like 3-4 seconds ?

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

Yikes. Maybe an s475 at that altitude but I don't think a 66 with a .91 or something should be that bad. I'm not to familiar with different sea levels and how turbos would react but I'd amagine something the line like this..... Floor it from a dead stop *one two lite* burn tires

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Yikes. Maybe an s475 at that altitude but I don't think a 66 with a .91 or something should be that bad. I'm not to familiar with different sea levels and how turbos would react but I'd amagine something the line like this..... Floor it from a dead stop *one two lite* burn tires

I'm talkin like cruising 65 mph 2-3 psi. Mash the skinny pedal, and how long till it blows rubber all over the fender

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I ran an s465 with 83 exhaust and a .9 housing. I thought the 65 was gonna be too small but with 5 speed and losing boost every shift it was nice to have a turbo that lit quick. Turbo came on around 1800-2000 rpms and pulled like a mofo. I wish I had some drive pressure numbers for you but I never got them before I wrecked it last winter. Had some smoke down low but cleared up pretty quick and it was virtually smoke free if cruising along and mashing it.

Latest posts

Members online