Who's ran what with 250/100s

mandkole

Reaction score
If you turn the fuel back far enough on a 38R, theres no reason why it wouldnt act like (and be powered like) a stock truck. The 38R (up to an H2E) size is almost as good of 'do-all' turbo as you can get--with the smaller size, its responsive on lighter amounts of fuel but can make brief amounts power (albeit hot, smoky) if ragged on.

I dont know why we always talk about injectors. We know that you can overdrive a turbo enough to make dyno power. For drivability, the turbo selection is where its at, not the injectors. The injector then determines the scope of where you can run that turbo.

mandkole

Reaction score
To edit, I lost track and this thread started as a turbo plan... so that said, I give another vote for 38R or H2E w/ the 250cc injector for maximum flexibility.

Reaction score
I have a metal one in the shed. I was hoping to make 575 without going much more than 40-45

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

I have a daily tune that makes about 550 if I had to guess. With the 468 it is smoke free and runs cool egts, but still makes about 45-50 psi of boost. I can roll into the throttle without downshifting and slap 50 psi no problem. I would go ahead and put the metal cooler in and be done, only takes a few hours tops

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I ran a stock h2e with 240/100's ran and towed great got bored went 240/200 and has been down hill ever since. A h2 will clean 100 nozzles to a haze, plus this was 5yrs ago and tuning has come along way since then.

V-Ref

Reaction score
well I have me a 67.7FMW ordered. we will see how that goes

Perfect choice imo. If your altitude or intended uses (more towing/less toy) you can drop down the turbine housing to get quicker spool (assuming you went with the 1.10).

You'll likely need "flat" style intake plenum as the comp cover is huge.

Here's a suggested source to build your own intake.
http://store.airflo.com/reinel45de5t.html

powerstrokin44

Reaction score
I wouldn't go much over a 68 for a DD because of the lag. I have a 66 h2e and 250/100 sticks it lites quick and ran a 12.7 at 105 launching easy with a boost leak not enough fuel pressure and no traction bars the second time running it. It tows awesome but havnt checked the fuel mileage while towing but it seems decent. Also got 22 mpg with 3.73 highway with 33 mud terrains unloaded. Its a all around good setup. But... I just threw a rod out the side of the block after about 15,000 miles and I had forged rods. So now im rebuilding the whole motor and wishing I would've kept my foot out of it...

David N

Reaction score
I wouldn't go much over a 68 for a DD because of the lag. I have a 66 h2e and 250/100 sticks it lites quick and ran a 12.7 at 105 launching easy with a boost leak not enough fuel pressure and no traction bars the second time running it. It tows awesome but havnt checked the fuel mileage while towing but it seems decent. Also got 22 mpg with 3.73 highway with 33 mud terrains unloaded. Its a all around good setup. But... I just threw a rod out the side of the block after about 15,000 miles and I had forged rods. So now im rebuilding the whole motor and wishing I would've kept my foot out of it...

The 75 on Brian Jelichs truck spools surprising fast on the street. Granted he has 400cc of fuel. And that's also with the 83 wheel. It really seemed to light as fast as my 38r.

DocBar

Reaction score
Ok. I'll ask. Who's tunes?
I have to say that I miss my 250/100's since I got the 400/200's installed. Of course, I haven' been live tuned, either. I can't wait til next month when I get the Hydra. And the 1st stage turbo. Then the fun begins. :rockon:

powerstrokin44

Reaction score
Im running Cale's tunes I got from full force, where I got my injectors. I don't think he tunes anymore though they're all left over tunes that you can get. But I love them so far even though I threw a rod haha... they are not very touchy so you can even drive fine on the hottest tune and the truck will act completely normal till you mash it. And ive wanted to get my truck live tuned but they told me I wont get much more out of it from the way it runs now.

Latest posts

Members online