Who's ran what with 250/100s

V-Ref

Reaction score
Will a truck running empty with a hybrid and 200% nozzle be capable of 12+ mpg Marty? Or is the nozzle atomization past the point of great mileage?

This question was pointed at Marty....but I've logged multiple 18 mpg tanks (over a dozen) with Gearhead tuning, Unlimited 200% nozzles, and a 7300 lb ECSB/ZF6 truck. I think vehicle weight, tuning, and driving habits play the biggest role in MPGs.

Marty

Reaction score
Well all i hear is that dyno are inaccurate and a tuning which i believe. So i have never dynoed my truck why waste $85 but run it at the track almost every weekend. SOo you tell me what you think my truck makes??? This is a ccsb 02 truck with a gooseneck hitch etc weighs between 7800-7900lbs

On PMRS with 38r and 250/100s i ran 8.4 all day and a few 8.3s in the 1/8

With the 38r and 300/200s i ran a 12.6 @104mph

Now with the 468 and the same injectors i ran a 7.7 yesterday with a poor 60ft next pass launched harder and broke something in the drivetrain :doh:

The 7.7 pass on the 68 sounds right to me but the 104 mph with a 38r seems high. Were you on fuel only or spraying ? How many times did you do it ? Jave you actually weighed your truck or are you just guesstimating ?

If you went 104 mph on fuel with your crew cab with a 38r then you're making a ton more power then your average 38r owner....

Congrats on the 7.7... run it 1/4 mile & let me know your et/mph.....

TyCorr

Reaction score
This question was pointed at Marty....but I've logged multiple 18 mpg tanks (over a dozen) with Gearhead tuning, Unlimited 200% nozzles, and a 7300 lb ECSB/ZF6 truck. I think vehicle weight, tuning, and driving habits play the biggest role in MPGs.

Yea. I would say you're right. I want to put 33's on my winter wheels and when my 35's wear out, 33's on them. Ditch the lift, if I can, to run the 35's out.

I just dont use the truck offroad to justify having the lift anymore. Im more interested in maximizing the economy of the truck when its running around predominantly empty 50% of the time. Tried using the truck only when I needed it and got tired of moving all my daily "stuff" from vehicle to vehicle. Ill stick wih my truck.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Not sure if you are wanting mpg numbers with bigger turbo an what not but for what it's worth I am running P.I.S 300/200s wit stock turbo, stock hpop, an a worn out pmr motor. And I get 14.5 in my tow tune, jus got the injectors an my a1000 fuel setup all on there, am workin on seeing what the other tunes get for mpg.

not to get into MPG wars or anything but i get great mileage with 200 nozzles, seams to be pretty close between the t500 and the twins now. just cant beat the tar out of it all the time.

On a good day ill get 15 but that's babying it back and forth to school

I see what Ty is asking and for me, our's will be a combo of both DD in town and on the hwy for road trips. I realize these beast don't do great in town normally, short of the 6sp. Mine always got 18mpg but it looks like our next one will have the auto.

That being the case we'll use it for road trips as I like the room it affords us and people don't ride your a$$ or pull out in front of you as often. I'd like to be able to set the cruise at 70ish and go.

Reaction score
The 7.7 pass on the 68 sounds right to me but the 104 mph with a 38r seems high. Were you on fuel only or spraying ? How many times did you do it ? Jave you actually weighed your truck or are you just guesstimating ?

If you went 104 mph on fuel with your crew cab with a 38r then you're making a ton more power then your average 38r owner....

The 7.7 pass was with a poor 60ft as well the truck is capable of a better 60ft. This was at full weight and over half a tank of fuel just spurt of the moment decided to go to the drag strip on sat. Also im still fighting some shifting issues but hope to get this worked out with tuning. I feel like it has a 7.6 in it on fuel then im going to spray it :evil:

Yes that is 104 with the 38r on fuel only. That was with the tailgate off an less than a quarter tank of fuel. I backed that up with a 12.71 spinning off the line.

Yes I actually weigh the truck every weekend when i sled pull, that is actual weight not a estimate. My truck is just heavy as h$!! for some reason. It has a heavy a$$ homemade gooseneck hitch that may be coming out this winter.

Reaction score
Whats your hwy mileage empty and towing w/ your setup?

I drive about 150 miles one way twice a week it is mostly highway miles i get over 18 mpg one tank i got 20 but that is babying it trying to get good mileage and not revving much over 2000 rpms if possible.

Around town i and rural driving i get about 16 unloaded if i am easy on it.

And towing i have no idea never towed any long distances and usually am not easy on it because it tows so good i have to dog it :D

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I drive about 150 miles one way twice a week it is mostly highway miles i get over 18 mpg one tank i got 20 but that is babying it trying to get good mileage and not revving much over 2000 rpms if possible.

Around town i and rural driving i get about 16 unloaded if i am easy on it.

And towing i have no idea never towed any long distances and usually am not easy on it because it tows so good i have to dog it :D

No sh$t, that is pretty sweet!
I have contemplated doing a gear swap to 3.55's w/ 33's for DD/Hwy driving.

Is 18 hwy pretty consistant if you set the cruise below 2k?

David N

Reaction score

I can vouch for him Marty. :poke:

His truck ran damn good on that 38r. Im hoping to have mine close to that with a decent oil pump.

Reaction score
No sh$t, that is pretty sweet!
I have contemplated doing a gear swap to 3.55's w/ 33's for DD/Hwy driving.

Is 18 hwy pretty consistant if you set the cruise below 2k?

The 18 hwy is very consistent that will be a wot or two if somebody tries to mess with me on the hwy :ford: I usually drive without the cruise set just because i can take hills easier its a lot of rolling hills around here but i have drove with cruise if im feeling lazy about the same. My best mileage comes when i can keep my foot out of it

powerlifter405

Reaction score
The 18 hwy is very consistent that will be a wot or two if somebody tries to mess with me on the hwy :ford: I usually drive without the cruise set just because i can take hills easier its a lot of rolling hills around here but i have drove with cruise if im feeling lazy about the same. My best mileage comes when i can keep my foot out of it

What size tires do you have?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Not to derail my own thread and all lol.

But to those running 68/71 what kinda psi are you making. ?
Have a plastic IC Still and am wondering if it will hold up
Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

Reaction score
What size tires do you have?

I run nitto 420s they are 305/50r20 about a 32.5 and 3.73 gears

Not to derail my own thread and all lol.

But to those running 68/71 what kinda psi are you making. ?
Have a plastic IC Still and am wondering if it will hold up
Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

I make about 55psi but i recently blew the side out of my plastic one. Your best bet would probably be pick up a metal end tank one from the junk yard or something shouldnt be much more than $150. Swap it out in an hour tops, thats what i did after i trashed mine

mandkole

Reaction score
My 60T file will run about 40psi and the max effort files easily go over 50. Have a metal tank cooler, cable straps on the pipes and vband flanges.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Run an 83 exhaust wheel I make 48 tops but hardly ever run it that hard because by the time I get to that boost I gotta shift or I'm already over a hundred mph

DocBar

Reaction score
Running 250/100's with a 38R and my personal best on the track is 101 mph at 13.26. That's with DI tuning and traction bars. David ran my truck at 100 mph at 13.49 w/o traction bars and severe tire spin. That's at ~8,000lbs. Mid 500's.
Smokey as hell and way more throttle response than I like. Cruise control only usable on flat ground.

Reaction score
That is all in the tuning. Iv been that fast with 250/100s and 38r on a pmr motor. Not to mention it idled and drove better than a stock truck. Could have used the cruise in the mountains and would hardly smoke. Good tuning goes a long way

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online