Window tint

Nj67

Reaction score
3f2bf9f7e31e4d85ee2f56c4677e8745.jpg

Here's a picture of 5% on all the sides and 50 on the windshield.. And it's perfect I think can see great never been bothered in Ohio at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
50 looks good. My tint guy called back and he's got it so it's on. Awesome truck btw

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LovetheTide

Reaction score
^Beautiful truck. Anyway this thread has gone way off topic but I would go 20% to match the back. You don't want to go too dark on the front windows than the back because it looks really weird in the inside like the back windows are down.

Ever done 15 on the front and factory on the back?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
On my OBS, the rear windows are have a bronze OEM tint and have a mirror reflection when viewed from the outside. I had the tint guy do 30% on the front and 35% on the back windows.

I was thinking about doing the same on the 2016. I'm fine with the 30% on the front. Would putting 35% on top of the factory tint make it too dark? Or should I tell the tint guy to do 15%? I don't want to be rolling the window down at night to see.

Or should I do 20% on the front only?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

20156point7

Reaction score
I have 5 percent all the way around and a 5 percent strip across the windshield. I wish I would have just tinted the whole windshield 35 honestly

smcox1

Reaction score
Don't comment about it being too dark then.

I've ran it before and it looks great. Can't go wrong with 15 or 20. IMO 15 is the way to go unless the windshield is fully tinted.

Did I say 15% was too dark???? Genius you just said 20% also works so you need to calm the hell down. I've owned a 6.0l where the windows in the front were maybe 10% darker than the rear and it's really weird in the inside. I didn't have it tinted like that I bought it like that and from the outside it looked very close but from the inside it was a huge difference.

Koda22

Reaction score
I've got 5% all around and 30% on the windshield with a 5% brow to kinda help it blend....I like it I could go darker, but I could see it being to dark already for some...
Best pic I can find
E90BFB7E-AE79-4C43-B726-31D2F7E43918_zps7ha2s5zt.jpg

Koda22

Reaction score
Factory is not 20% !
The law states no darker than 20% on front side windows...

Read the oringal post, then urs....he asked about the rear...not the fronts...most fronts don't come tinted at all...he wants to match the front to the rear.....

The rear factory tint is pretty close to 20%!

Jgon08

Reaction score
Wake up and read!
I said that factory is no where near 20%.. That is a fact.
The legal limit for darkness is 20% on fronts.

U must really be confused the rear factory tint IS 20%.. Thats a fact.. And the legal limit for the front is not 20% because everywhere is differnt in Ohio it's 50%.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
The OP is talking about the back windows, which is 20%... I'm running 15% on the front, 15 over factory around the rear, 40% on the windshield with a strip at the top. IMO, that setup is perfect

STROKERBO

Reaction score
Whatever you think you can get away with, go ahead and do it!
I work at Ford research in Dearborn Michigan. And I know the facts for production and laws for here.

Latest posts

Members online