WOOHOO!!! NEW FANCY RIFFRAFF DIESEL PARTS!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Look at these pretty things...

2079422090100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

2593982460100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

2862333900100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

2109630700100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Going to suck to put them on my ugly motor, but there going on. Maybe this weekend if the weather is nice...

I already have his Billet inserts in the factory plenums, but these are mucho bettero...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Clay makes top notch stuff, I keep trying to get him to make more 6L stuff

I've been chatting with him about a few more things...

Seems like every time I send him something "I" come up with, he comes back with "ya, thats in the works too"...

Damn man, let me have something...LOL

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Joe, are those the intake plenums that use an O-ring to seal the plenum instead of RTV sealant?

I remember reading a thread just a few weeks ago where someone installed those and they leaked.
Maybe it was install error. Does the O-ring need to be oiled for a proper seal?

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Looking closely it looks like that is maybe silicon at the base where it meets the inlet tube. The close up pic on the left

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
Joe, are those the intake plenums that use an O-ring to seal the plenum instead of RTV sealant?

I remember reading a thread just a few weeks ago where someone installed those and they leaked.

the necks are supposed to have the ford gray rtv in there to seal them up and no the oring doesnt need to be oiled....both mine and oscs' plenums leaked but they just needed the rtv put in....the oring that was leaking was a prototype oring but the proper ones are now in stock with clay....ive had mine on for about 2 weeks now and have boosted up to 44 lbs and hooked up the boost leak detector and the plenums do not leak....

Bushwakd

Reaction score
the necks are supposed to have the ford gray rtv in there to seal them up and no the oring doesnt need to be oiled....both mine and oscs' plenums leaked but they just needed the rtv put in....the oring that was leaking was a prototype oring but the proper ones are now in stock with clay....ive had mine on for about 2 weeks now and have boosted up to 44 lbs and hooked up the boost leak detector and the plenums do not leak....

That is good to hear.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

What he said... Was a prototype issue with the O ring, and just a mistake with the assembly on the other, both are taken care of and I must say this is the cleanest set up I have yet seen...

OSCS

Reaction score
be sure and check the manifold bolts after acouple thousand miles. When I removed mine I found a couple of them had backed out. Other than the issues I had I still like them, the O-ring idea is clever.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well I was going to install today but its been raining off and on...

Maybe tomorrow it will quit. Need to pull my turbo anyway to fix the leaking pedistal...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
LOL... I was... I was thinking I was tired of draging a housing around that I will never install...LOL

Latest posts

Members online