WOOHOO!!! NEW FANCY RIFFRAFF DIESEL PARTS!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ya ya... No time. Flying home this weekend so its not going to happen for another week at least.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Dont you have a shop to clean... wait...

Dont you have some brakes to change... wait...

Dont you...

Ah hell, go over to my house and do something, what am I paying... wait...

Homesteader

Reaction score
Joe, are those the intake plenums that use an O-ring to seal the plenum instead of RTV sealant?

I remember reading a thread just a few weeks ago where someone installed those and they leaked.
Maybe it was install error. Does the O-ring need to be oiled for a proper seal?

Ive read the same thing a while back and held back on ordering a set. But its good to hear that its been taken cared of. I can put that back on my to get list.

Peroni

Reaction score
Just got my set on Monday. First class machine work they look fantastic!

I got a question about what guys are doing for the hpo hose fitting on the heads. Thought I would just get a pair of tall -6jic x #5orb 90° fittings but no such thing exists outside of special custom order. Why did IH curse us with a damn obscure #5orb for the heads?! :cursing: Is there enough slack in the hoses to turn the stock fittings to clear?

OSCS

Reaction score
Ive read the same thing a while back and held back on ordering a set. But its good to hear that its been taken cared of. I can put that back on my to get list.

No oiling is required. The leaking issues where with prototype o-rings which have been replaced with functional ones and the necks not getting RTV which hopefully is not the case with your set.

OSCS

Reaction score
Just got my set on Monday. First class machine work they look fantastic!

I got a question about what guys are doing for the hpo hose fitting on the heads. Thought I would just get a pair of tall -6jic x #5orb 90° fittings but no such thing exists outside of special custom order. Why did IH curse us with a damn obscure #5orb for the heads?! :cursing: Is there enough slack in the hoses to turn the stock fittings to clear?

There are no fitment issues with the oil fittings. They went on with no trouble for me. Only trouble I had with the install was with my RR fitting on the front passenger side fuel port. It took some re arranging

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
RTV ??? I thought every one was bragging and making it the selling point that there was NO MESSY RTV to deal with.... now you have two possible leaks?? RTV and a oring ???? :shrug:
i cant tell in the picture... is the neck only held with RTV or is there a set screw or something??.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
RTV ??? I thought every one was bragging and making it the selling point that there was NO MESSY RTV to deal with.... now you have two possible leaks?? RTV and a oring ???? :shrug:
i cant tell in the picture... is the neck only held with RTV or is there a set screw or something??.

There is NO RVT for you to deal with.

It is a two part manifold, the base, and the neck. The neck is threaded into the base with locktite and RVT.

There is no leak issue with the new O-ring...

moose99psd

Reaction score
Dont you have a shop to clean... wait...

Dont you have some brakes to change... wait...

Dont you...

Ah hell, go over to my house and do something, what am I paying... wait...

yea... yuk it up chuckles.. ill cut that motor stand into pieces.. witch im a little sad you didnt take any pictures of...

Latest posts

Members online