WOP EGR Delete/Wastegate kit... Anybody use it???

David S.

Reaction score
^^^thats what I was thinking of when I was reading this thread but I can't find it either

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The soot shouldnt be much problem you guys, most tunes are have cleaned up pretty well by the time the gate should open, and for guys that run their truck every once in a while hard this would be good as it stays closed but is there when need be, the guys that run to the track once a week would probably opt for the elite or one that dumps back to the downpipe due to soot over time..

mortal798

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with the WOP one, doing the head studs and the EGR delete with wastegate at the same time.

zabeard

Reaction score
I like that kit... ill have to look into getting this.

Theres a good video of Mike Corsillis truck on a dyno and it sounds nasty... cant find the video tho

it does sound pretty awesome. assuming we are talking about the same Mike. Ive rode in it too. Mike?

4ebc106f.png

Last edited:

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
I've been running the mock-up kit on my truck for a little over a month since we put my stock turbos back on so we could copy the single turbo kit for production. Been working flawlessly and helped with the drive pressures at wide open throttle. We dumped it to atmosphere looking for ease of installation and cost effectiveness. Much easier for someone to install when there is no need to mess with the downpipe (removing it, drilling, welding, etc...)

We were afraid the soot and sound would be an issue like you've mentioned, but the way we've got the gate set, it is really only coming open at wot and by then the truck is already running pretty clean out the pipe, so my truck really hasn't created much of a soot mess underneath. As for the sound, it makes a pretty distinct sound with the window down and outside the vehicle. With the windows up inside the cab it sounds more like a broken manifold bolt, like a ticking. But I towed 14,000lbs two weekends ago and it never came open while towing at it's current setting on the regulator. Under normal driving conditions it stays closed, only opens when you get after it hard.

This may not be the kit for everybody, but we wanted to offer a mosre cost effective and easier to install system, this is what we came up with. Just about as simple and effective as you can make a wastegate system. Plus, with retaining the crossover pipe from the up-pipe and mounting the gate next to the driver side manifold where the cooler was, you can still use the stock back pressure sensor in the factory location.

Do you have any pics of it installed?

JDub

Reaction score
Pictures aren't great, but you get the idea.

From below, looking up, you can see the manifold and the gate right next to it.
6_4gate_004.jpg

Truck has almost 4,000 miles on it since the gate was installed. You can see the soot inside the gate pipe, but the frame and parts near the outlet are still soot free. Doesn't seem to make much of a mess at all.
6_4gate_003.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats a damn good idea using the factory egr pipe, ***in genius actually, gets the gate in an easy spot to use it, and as far as soot, the gate doesnt open till things are wound up tight so smoke isnt as heavy and whats comming out of the gate shouldnt have too much smoke, nice work guys... thats ***ing awesome placement for a gate...

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
Question for yall, are the football shaped flanges all the same size? I have a wastegate, but it is for the normal spot with welded downpipe. I might put it in this spot out of ease of installation.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the $hitty part, if any, is the guys with 6.0 manifolds cant use it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yes both ends of the egr pipe are the same so you could put it down there i think.

Mike are you sure 6.0 manifolds wont work? I just flat dont know but looking at the picture i think it might, but i have been wrong before

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
yes both ends of the egr pipe are the same so you could put it down there i think.

Mike are you sure 6.0 manifolds wont work? I just flat dont know but looking at the picture i think it might, but i have been wrong before

Thanks.

But do the custom up-pipes for 6.0 manifolds have the elbow for the wastegate like the stockers have? Nevermind, they do have that elbow.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks.

But do the custom up-pipes for 6.0 manifolds have the elbow for the wastegate like the stockers have?

mine from elite did, i ran the same wastegate kit from my 6.4 uppipes to the 6.0 uppipes, with no modifications