WOP EGR Delete/Wastegate kit... Anybody use it???

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I just towed 14k over 600 miles two weeks ago, never heard the gate open at all.

you probly dont tow on race tune and drive like it do when towing
and like i said i had mine set lower cause i was having problems keep the bottom boot on

it does sound wicked open to the atmosphere though

JDub

Reaction score
you probly dont tow on race tune and drive like it do when towing and like i said i had mine set lower cause i was having problems keep the bottom boot on

it does sound wicked open to the atmosphere though

I do my towing in a 150 tune and run 75-80mph. My gate is set to come open around 37-38psi, which only happens when I go wot.

Shipmate

Reaction score
Jdub, You using a manual boost controller that is in the cab correct? Can you use a electronic one. I know must electronic one are only good to about 40-45 psi but do you think it would work? Also did you make a heat shield to keep some of the heat off the gate? The Tial gates are rated for 17-7 PH stainless steel actuator spring gives consistent pressure at high temperature; resists "relaxing" at temperatures to 900F (483C). I think that is just a little close for us.

JDub

Reaction score
Jdub, You using a manual boost controller that is in the cab correct? Can you use a electronic one. I know must electronic one are only good to about 40-45 psi but do you think it would work? Also did you make a heat shield to keep some of the heat off the gate? The Tial gates are rated for 17-7 PH stainless steel actuator spring gives consistent pressure at high temperature; resists "relaxing" at temperatures to 900F (483C). I think that is just a little close for us.

Don't see any reason any electronic controller wouldn't work. And we have thought about a heatshield yes. We wanted to run this one without and see if we ran into any problems, none as of yet. Everything seems to be functioning fine.