WOP EGR Delete/Wastegate kit... Anybody use it???

Dzchey21

Reaction score
seen your edit, and yes if your going to go that far to do the uppipes the gate in the dowpipe might be the way to go.

HOWEVER, if you have issues with the gate, want to change springs or anything like that, with bigger turbos like the high/max powers you must lift the cab 4 inches minimum to get to the gate, being like WOP is down on the bottom you could take the gate off easy, swap springs, and put it back on, other set ups, you better hope you got it right the first time LOL

EIther way isnt for eeveryone, twin set ups have to be up top so the gate can feed the big turbo, but for stock/tow power turbo set ups, i would put it down on the bottom in a heartbeat.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
read my above post to the pro's of mounting it underneath, you cant see that egr pipe anyway.

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
seen your edit, and yes if your going to go that far to do the uppipes the gate in the dowpipe might be the way to go.

HOWEVER, if you have issues with the gate, want to change springs or anything like that, with bigger turbos like the high/max powers you must lift the cab 4 inches minimum to get to the gate, being like WOP is down on the bottom you could take the gate off easy, swap springs, and put it back on, other set ups, you better hope you got it right the first time LOL

EIther way isnt for eeveryone, twin set ups have to be up top so the gate can feed the big turbo, but for stock/tow power turbo set ups, i would put it down on the bottom in a heartbeat.

Yea, accessibility would be nice.

JDub

Reaction score
It's been working really well on my truck and the regulator in the cab gives me the adjustment while driving if needed, but once I found the sweet spot for my tuning, I haven't touched it. It's hard to see the gate from above looking down, but from under the truck you've got pretty good access to it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's been working really well on my truck and the regulator in the cab gives me the adjustment while driving if needed, but once I found the sweet spot for my tuning, I haven't touched it. It's hard to see the gate from above looking down, but from under the truck you've got pretty good access to it.

your a smart man, im going to put a gate on a 450 pretty soon, this is how im going to do it

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
I'm going to try to make this used gate work, if not, I will most likely pick up a WOP kit. Now I just have to find time, and find out if I'm going out of town for work soon.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It also probably wouldnt be that hard to bend up a pipe and run the gate down and across under the transmission to the down pipe, easy to get to, probably could even weld the pipe in without taking the downpipe off... i really... really really like that jacob... i can't believe i didnt think of it first

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i dont know if the gate was mounted off the egr pipe like that, i know it went to atmosphere but i dont know where it came from.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike are you sure 6.0 manifolds wont work? I just flat dont know but looking at the picture i think it might, but i have been wrong before

not sure at all, just figured the gate being raised up to above the bend in the 6.0 manifold wasnt feasible. if it is, i want one.

Matt

Reaction score
I remember Dirty Diesel and MPD both were trying this idea, but neither got it working. I like it a lot. Awesome that WOP made it.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
if anyone else does do this make sure you run it to the exhaust because it ruined the underneath of my truck for the time i was running it

JDub

Reaction score
if anyone else does do this make sure you run it to the exhaust because it ruined the underneath of my truck for the time i was running it

What were running to ruin it? Mine has been on for quite a few months now and the undercarriage is spotless, well as far as soot goes. Just the regular dirt and road grime from driving under there.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I ran one on my dodge to the atmosphere and never had any problem or any mess. But it was gated properly....

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
What were running to ruin it? Mine has been on for quite a few months now and the undercarriage is spotless, well as far as soot goes. Just the regular dirt and road grime from driving under there.

i always had mine on the race tune and beat the crap out of my truck lol
i had mine on for about a year

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
also had mine turned down to 38 for towing and it would be open most of the time towing