Younger1993 build

MorganY

Reaction score
You guys are crazy going from a crew to a regular cab!!

Original plan was keeping the crewcab. I enjoy the leather, auto a/c, and lariat package. But I also like the fact spending a large amount of $ from the CCSB sale on a motor and exteriors all at once to make a sweet reg cab.

12stroker

Reaction score
What specs are you looking for? Because my cousins husband works for the power company and they are getting new trucks I could ask if he knows what they are doing with the old trucks. They are all single cabs 6.0 4x4 but have work beds on them.

MorganY

Reaction score
So does this mean rods for the crew cab?

I think you want me to get rods now and not a RCLB LOL. If the CCSB is getting rods, its getting an MPD amount of spray.

Options:

1. Find a reg cab, keep crew cab, switch motors over, and slowly add things to the reg cab over a year or so. Cosmetics, motor goodies, etc.

2. Sell crew cab, find a cheap reg cab, built motor from Tadd, cosmetics, etc. all from the sale of the CC. Give it over to Colton and kaleb for a month so it will look sweet lol.

3. Build the crew cabs motor, and work on the cosmetics, drop it back down to stock height.

MorganY

Reaction score
What specs are you looking for? Because my cousins husband works for the power company and they are getting new trucks I could ask if he knows what they are doing with the old trucks. They are all single cabs 6.0 4x4 but have work beds on them.

MUST have A/C, power widows and locks would be nice, don't care about vinyl or bench seats. It would get corbeau seats. May buy one without a bed for the right price, and if its not welded on.

12stroker

Reaction score
Well they have one truck that someone put gas in it instead of diesel. And my dad right now is trying to get that one for just the service bed. But that truck they are doing sealed bids on because the truck only had 70k on it. It belonged to a meter reader.
But others employees get first shot at buying them my cousins husband said they have pw,pl, bucket seats no middle console computer docking station is there instead. And they are F350 srw trucks the one he used to have has 140k it's a 06 with a winch bumper up front. We works on the line crews so he said any of there's will need a paint job.

MorganY

Reaction score
Well they have one truck that someone put gas in it instead of diesel. And my dad right now is trying to get that one for just the service bed. But that truck they are doing sealed bids on because the truck only had 70k on it. It belonged to a meter reader.
But others employees get first shot at buying them my cousins husband said they have pw,pl, bucket seats no middle console computer docking station is there instead. And they are F350 srw trucks the one he used to have has 140k it's a 06 with a winch bumper up front. We works on the line crews so he said any of there's will need a paint job.

Damn ya body has to be in good condition, I could do a wrap, but that would take down the price quite a bit to make it worth while.

MorganY

Reaction score
Im definitely leaning towards option 1. Still would like to consider option 2 though

Option 2 would be awesome. Expensive, but I wouldn't have to stretch the process out while in school trying to work and pay for both, because I would have a larger cash disposal from the sale of the CC. But then I would DD a toy..again.

Option 1 would require pulling the block apart, decking it, and not being able to throw cosmetics at the RC right off the bat. About $3600 to put the stock rods back in, THEN potentially throwing a rod and doing it again. Then the motor in the regular cab would have to be in good condition to go in the CC. Probably a 12-18 month process before the regular cab is cosmetically where colton wants it lol.

Latest posts

Members online