Younger1993 build

MorganY

Reaction score
Whatever I was making, was not 600hp. That's why I say anything over 650hp is fair game for bending rods, cracking a block, and eating a piston. Whatever wonderful combination I have just received.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Whatever I was making, was not 600hp. That's why I say anything over 650hp is fair game for bending rods, cracking a block, and eating a piston. Whatever wonderful combination I have just received.

Either way, I'm interested to see how it unfolds and what exactly went wrong.

MorganY

Reaction score
you still have those spare blocks?

Ya. But no way are stock rods going back in. Because its $3000 to deck the block and reassemble the motor, then whatever pistons cost, say $1500, and then I bend a rod or what have you, and I damage the block/piston/head again, putting me back at square one. I'm going to sit down with my finances tomorrow and see what my options are.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
let me know what ya need buddy.

can always use one of those spare blocks to tear down while your limping yours around.

fix that leak etc.. you got my text, ill keep it off the thread

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Ya. But no way are stock rods going back in. Because its $3000 to deck the block and reassemble the motor, then whatever pistons cost, say $1500, and then I bend a rod or what have you, and I damage the block/piston/head again, putting me back at square one. I'm going to sit down with my finances tomorrow and see what my options are.

wow.... most ive paid is 1600 and that includes bearings and rings and balancing. 250 for just reassembly.

let me know if I can help!

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
is that oil from the CCV? i would say smoked a piston but it doesn't sound like it's lost compression from the cranking video. will you always loose compression if you cracked a piston?

oh and I was just messing with you about the 600 hp...I was trying to talk smack but that was before I knew you smoked it completely haha. sorry bout the luck man.

pm'd you.

Last edited:

smokinstroker

Reaction score
matt that price isnt bad, depending on morgans plans thats a good deal compared to prices ive gotten

from what ive heard from morgan it is not a cracked block/ pistons etc.

for sure gaskets are trash, the grooves in the block were too deep im guessing.
intermediate pipe needs to get looked over as it really sounds like that is where the exhaust leak is.

ill let morgan fill in more before i talk out of my a$$

Extended Power

Reaction score
Pull the oil filter cap off and have a look at the filter...

That will tell you if your gonna fix it, or burn it to the ground.

If the filter looks like it was dipped into a vat of copper coat, torch it.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I really hope it isn't too bad.....Id hate to see all the time and money you sunk into it to be just wasted...that would just suck.

MorganY

Reaction score
Made it home boys. Drives like a sack of poo. Popped something on the big connecting exhaust side pipe as well. Massive ass leak somewhere. Sounds like a massive hole. Still not the main concern though for lack of power and the other problems. Blowby looks like cracking a nitrous bottle open to the atmosphere. I won't be able to tear into it until a few more weeks. I have finals coming up, and that is my main concern at this point. As bullsh*t as this is....gotta pay to play. I CAN say, that was the best 2000 miles I've ever driven in that truck though. Absolutely awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.