Younger1993 build

MorganY

Reaction score
Morgan are you leaking where the housing meets the pipes? Replacement t4 gasket?

No sir. Thats perfectly sealed, brand new t4 gasket. The flange on the outlet...again. Im going to just cut the entire pipe out and redo it or something. I have to push the pipe for it to meet up perfectly with the housing, and I think once its vbanded it backs off. It needs to sit flush against the flange, without having to push it together.

Hats off to fabricators. Sh*t has to fit flawless when using vbands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
No sir. Thats perfectly sealed, brand new t4 gasket. The flange on the outlet...again. Im going to just cut the entire pipe out and redo it or something. I have to push the pipe for it to meet up perfectly with the housing, and I think once its vbanded it backs off. It needs to sit flush against the flange, without having to push it together.

Hats off to fabricators. Sh*t has to fit flawless when using vbands.

You're right about the Vband needing to be flush pre-clamp.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Vband it, clamp it and tack it to the pipe. I'm thinking that thing needs to be welded while clamped to the housing, metal is warpin on ya buddy

That's that same damn leak we fought last time. Sigh.

MorganY

Reaction score
Vband it, clamp it and tack it to the pipe. I'm thinking that thing needs to be welded while clamped to the housing, metal is warpin on ya buddy

That's that same damn leak we fought last time. Sigh.

agreed. Leave it in place to cool as well

Preciate the ideas fellas.Thats what I did. My mount holes for the primary are enlarged a little bit, so the charger can sit differently when bolted down. Thinking thats why it doesnt fit up in the spot its in now. Ill figure something out today.

MorganY

Reaction score
Still driving it everyday. Have about 6000 miles on the setup (58xx). Suffering from a massive oil dilution issue, have to change oil every 2000 miles. Assuming its from fuel leaking past the rings, especially on the cylinder where the rod is slightly bent. Checked injector o-rings; the heads were remans from Ford so the fuel rails "should have" been pressure tested.

I have the .83 housing on it now. Spools a hair slower than the .70, but the power gained out of it is pretty amazing. Truck will get sideways, which is a good feeling. Finally dialed in ICP with the correct pulley sizes. When you jab the pedal, it has much more torque down low than it ever has.

Will be remaking the intermediate pipe, out of 3" stainless. This time, will be using TIG. The only way to weld stainless properly.

Hope everyones trucks and ongoing builds continue to go well. :ford:

20130721_095437_zpsa4f6f534.jpg

20130721_095536_zps8b106e02.jpg

Bubba88

Reaction score
Morgan, truck keeps looking better and better. This is one of my favorite builds to watch. Hope to see it in person someday! BTW, that black on the pipes looks killer!

Latest posts

Members online