Younger1993 build

MorganY

Reaction score
Messed with it for about an hour today. Good news is the block isn't cracked. That fat puddle came from the secondary charger oil drain. Even with Loctite, the nuts were laying on the HPOP cover. Need to find a better way to secure that charger. Came up with an injector high circuit on 5 for a split second, and found the harness was laying right next to the hot pipe, moved it back out of the way. Also found a blown intercooler boot. Replaced it and its driving a little better. But whatever damage is done, lots of blowby. Not a catastrophic failure, but a hurt motor, previous owner had a vgt-SS on it and 205's-pounded it at the track, so it hasn't had an easy life. Power balance is showing a straight line, with a small positive delta 'wave' across the entire graph about every 10-20 seconds. Nothing specific to one cylinder.

2 weeks and the motor comes out for a tear down. Will be redoing the hot side pipe with slip fit style connections, instead of butt'd up vbands. Much easier to get vbands to line up. Depending on how many trucks I can get in and out, depends on what's going into the new block. Luckily I've got an awesome regular customer who is bringing them in twos at a time, very grateful!

MorganY

Reaction score
8EEC-BA48A2AE390C-746-000000FDBC446D97_zps4562366a.jpg

Back in its respective hole

MorganY

Reaction score
Cab is up Again to see what happened. Got it to stop missing. I have another build happening soon and I need my truck, so it will have to be patched. Built motor is still the plan, just pushed back.

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
Yea slightly bent. Rotated crank and it still touches, move the rod side to side and it still touches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

MorganY

Reaction score
Lol it is still going to run. Got something new and exciting in my life that is my new focus for a couple years. When thats over, ill have have some big plans. Colt and I have a big 6.7 build very soon too. My stuff can wait.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Lol it is still going to run. Got something new and exciting in my life that is my new focus for a couple years. When thats over, ill have have some big plans. Colt and I have a big 6.7 build very soon too. My stuff can wait.

Bought yourself a fleshlight?

Latest posts

Members online