07 compound build

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a little project I've been toying with here lately. I've always wanted a compound kit in the valley to try to look stock as possible haha so I did some shopping and picked up a gtx3582 and a gtx4718 and some piping and went for it. Main goal was to stuff the 2 in the valley using the factory down pipe location and factory air box location.
After some measurements and talking with Ross and getting some measurements from him "thank you" I began to build my kit on a spare motor I have

The down pipe was pied to create the sweeping radius to connect with a v band to the exsisting aftermarket downpipe. "Fits like a glove"

Up pipes weren't bad either. Lined right up with excellent cab clearance for the steed speeds

B6D0F64A-88FB-4154-A022-1DC86E174848.jpg

9E6C47B4-5C79-41B4-9C0F-8693B30C9BCD.jpg

The 4718 wasn't too bad of a drop in. It's a heavy little bitch but with some turning it drops right in
C98AE798-934C-49CE-9533-7CB866417003_1.jpg

Here's where I'm at today.

464EDC80-266C-47B7-892F-EEA9C2BABF78.jpg

I have the lp draining into the hpop cover and the hp was gonna drain into the valve cover but changed my mind to have it dump into the oil pan due to hose kinks. I'll keep y'all posted on how it reacts :)

Last edited:

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
That's pretty bad ass! I have always love the ideas of keeping everything tucked in nicely! What ever came of the VGT compounds? I was really looking forward to hearing more on that!

ODAWG714

Reaction score
That's pretty bad ass! I have always love the ideas of keeping everything tucked in nicely! What ever came of the VGT compounds? I was really looking forward to hearing more on that!

It was ok but never got around to the track or dyno. It seemed like it was choked out on the bottom end and when the 475 would light it would blast off

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Very nice job looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Very , VERY nice build. One of the cleanest I've seen. Can't wait to see it run !!!

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Very nice! I think it looks the way it should tucked in like that. I'm sure the only real draw back is if you want to get under then valve covers, but I'm sure it would still come right apart.

Chris

ODAWG714

Reaction score
My god this is awesome! My street tune is faster then the old setup with a race tune. Spool is better from stop light to stop light. Accelerating wot from a dead stop is a tad smokey and laggy but when it lights it's spinning like crazy. I'm blown away

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.