08+ door panels,mirrors, and plastics in a 06 f350

Whitezotti

Reaction score
FYI anyone interested on seeing the new panels put on and wired up. I will get my truck sometimes next week. Unless there is a setback. Then It might be the week after. But the injectors are ready to install and almost back at tsd. Sorry about the mis convenience. But I don't like to rush painting. Painting with all the plastics and ordering the plastics and ordering harnesses took over 3 weeks to order and paint each one. I don't like to rush painting or else it will show in your work. Sorry for the delay. I am receiving a 06 super duty wiring diagram book like the one above which will help me. And save me time.

Whitezotti

Reaction score

I didn't know that I thought it was . Well we will see when I get my truck. I have my confidence and my fingers crossed. I have seen people selling the rubber piece that seperates the door and the firewall for sale. And the dates thaey have listed is for 00-05 I know that's the rubber piece but maybe that's a good sign. Maybe they changed it when they put the new detachable harness in.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I didn't know that I thought it was . Well we will see when I get my truck. I have my confidence and my fingers crossed. I have seen people selling the rubber piece that seperates the door and the firewall for sale. And the dates thaey have listed is for 00-05 I know that's the rubber piece but maybe that's a good sign. Maybe they changed it when they put the new detachable harness in.

05-07 fuse boxes are the same. Would they have to change fuse boxes when they changed the door harness? Nope.

Most 06 trucks DO NOT have a separate harness for the door. All 07s and apparently some late 06s do.

I have not confirmed the build date, but anything built much before 6/06 does not have the separate harness.

Do you have schematic for an 08 truck? The mirrors are a pita to get to move right with the switch. The only way I have found to do it is take apart the mirrors and switch the wires there.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
The dash harness plugs into the fuse panel doesn't the door wire harness? When the switch lights go out because of the fuses right? That's happen to me. My switches to my window didn't work. Replaced the fuse and the switch and my window work and my dome light did to. And my mirror adjustment worked to. And prior to that they all didn't work. And that was in my 01 f350

co04cobra

Reaction score
The 99-01 trucks have a entirely different operating system that controls their interior functions. Anything you did on the interior of that truck forget about using on the 08 swap.

Everything was controlled by a GEM that was bolted to the back of the fuse box. In 02 they switched to a intergrated fuse box with a VSM to control the interior functions.

Then in 08 everything is controlled by a SJB (fuse box only).

Whitezotti

Reaction score
The 99-01 trucks have a entirely different operating system that controls their interior functions. Anything you did on the interior of that truck forget about using on the 08

What do you mean anything I did forget about using on the 08 swap? On the 01 ? I'm not doing a 08 swap on the 01. Or do you mean the 06?

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I found a way how to paint the 08 mirrors with just a shell. They sell
The chrome covers for the 08 mirrors. Which you just sand those and paint. I could not find anywhere that sells non chrome.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You can buy paintable mirror covers anywhere. If youd have bought them from 1a they come with both chrome and paintable.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I got the middle section. The top I've had from ford which they make the primer version. I just got these off ebay some company makes these. I've never found any company that makes paintable middle section covers. I've only seen the chrome. So I stuck with the chrome and painted it.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I wonder what adhesion should I use on the covers. It came with crappy tape. I got strong tape and spray. I even have glue just in case, but I don't want to ruin the mirror....

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought this thread was about you putting an 08 interior in a 6l truck?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know you put it in the title but nobody cares about the mirrors....been done 100s of times on older superdutys.

When are you putting the interior pieces in?

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I am doing the mirrors also. It has to do with the thread. And I haven't got my truck back. Tsd dynoed it today and it wasn't making the right horse power. They figured out it was the thumper hpop. So since "I don't have my truck" I can't put the panels in.... So I have to do things like the mirrors and stuff like that. If I could install the panels I would

sootie

Reaction score
I am doing the mirrors also. It has to do with the thread. And I haven't got my truck back. Tsd dynoed it today and it wasn't making the right horse power. They figured out it was the thumper hpop. So since "I don't have my truck" I can't put the panels in.... So I have to do things like the mirrors and stuff like that. If I could install the panels I would

LOL

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
Very nice.... I bought a truck that did something similar to your swap. Mine a 00 F350 with 05 F350 doors and panels. Problem with mine have no control of my mirrors. Throwing a brake light switch body code and a ignition switch body code. Truck starts fine and has brake lights. ....

Latest posts

Members online