08 mirrors

rascal

Reaction score
Yea man I have that one but it's part of my harness that I need. I might have a extra harness I can sell you or take that piece off of. The thing is idk how cheap I can go.

If it was the actual mirror switch harness I would give it to you for free. Just pay shipping . Just the other one is apart of a totally good harness.

Thank you but I have decided to cut the connector off my new mirror and make my own.

I have been looking around for the connectors but I am tired of looking and just want to get my mirrors on.

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
I got mine 1a auto. Top notch.... Only problem I have is my F350 is 00 with 05 doors andn harness. Everything plugged in but not working. Drivers mirror light stays on while passenger side does not no turn signal action. No mirror adjusting also. Im stump....

TyCorr

Reaction score
For anyone that has installed the 08+ mirror; did you cut the connector off and hardwire it or were you able to find the male equivalent and keep the detachable connection?

I have a set for my 2000 and I want to install them and keep the detachable connection.

Thanks,

I tried and tried and tried to use an 08 style oem.harness in my door and put the male and female pins in where needed so it would be factory.

The problems I had were:
The PICO pn that used to contain the kit to repin ford terminals is obsolete
I couldnt find.a.harness in a wrecking yard here.

I finally said ***k it and used scotch locks before the harness. This way I can plug the stock mirrors right back in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I got mine 1a auto. Top notch.... Only problem I have is my F350 is 00 with 05 doors andn harness. Everything plugged in but not working. Drivers mirror light stays on while passenger side does not no turn signal action. No mirror adjusting also. Im stump....

Yea because the chassis wiring is different in a 00 and an 05. You would have to physically start at the 05 harness in the door.and.trace.the wires back to where they need to go and reland them. Or you could change the pinout on the harnesses to.get shti where you need.

BlackPearl03

Reaction score
If you get the ones with turn signals, they will be heated. The heat is easy to wire up, just provide a +12v source, and ground. From the factory the heat is always on if the truck is on, you could wire them like that with a relay off of an accessory switched circuit, or you could just wire them in with a switch so you can control when the heat is on or not.

As far as the wiring for power mirror adjustments, I have no clue, but I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult. And you wouldn't have to upgrade to power windows and locks to do it, but you could if you wanted.

My '14 f250 work truck has the heated mirrors, and there is a timer on the heat. So shouldn't they be wired similarly if we were to retrofit an older truck with them?

Latest posts

Members online