10R140 failure

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Have any of yall had one fail yet? From what i see online its pretty common. But not seeing anything here on it. I'm thinking the valve body failed or whatever grabs the next gear went out. Temps don't get high and once its in gear it stays but the shifts are pretty rough with it trying to find the next gear. 5-8 is where the problem is all the other gears shift as they should. If its not covered under warranty it will be getting a suncoast or something equal to that. Any reviews on aftermarket 10 speeds by anyone yet?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I haven’t seen any failures yet, we have several 550s that are hooked to heavy trailers daily and not one failure, all ranging from 21-23 models. I’d be curious to know who’s building these 10 speeds.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Haven't seen many since the recall went out. IIRC they initially had issues with a bushing or bearing, I can't remember. Mine has just south of 35k, plowed with, towed ~14Kish between 5th wheel toyhauler and tractor, and otherwise abused rolling on 37s. I'm very happy with it so far, but Charles should be on soon to let you know how much he loves his, lol

Latest posts

Members online