13-16 Spartan tuning

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
do the injector limitations of the the 11-14 trucks hurt the power even if a 2015 turbo and pump are installed?
the injectors are different? 😕 i just thought it was turbo and hpfp that was different...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

JRLott

Reaction score
Yes. Smaller injection pump limiting the amount of fuel that can be injected. Ergo injector limitations.

jcain

Reaction score
So all of us that go well over 600rwhp with stock 11-14 injectors are just lucky, or....

Reaction score
The injectors are the same size between all year models. Only the pumps are different.

I thought the injectors were different on the 15-16s? Ive never actually compared the 11-14 to 15-16 injectors side by side or their part numbers, but on Fords site here under the Fuel System Improvements section, it shows this:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-duty-features-improved-power-stroke-die.html

Fuel system improvements
Turbo changes drove improvements to the fuel delivery system, specifically a new high-pressure fuel pump and fuel injectors. The pump’s cam stroke is increased to deliver more fuel when desired for increased power. All-new injector tips better atomize the fuel, resulting in improved combustion that enables lower noise, vibration and harshness. Other benefits include cleaner emissions and a reduction in the buildup of fuel deposits on the valves over time.

On a side note however, following all these updates on here is really making me want to change from my SCT to give this a try! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
the bodies flow more on 2015+ that's why i was asking.

I've never seen enough flow difference to affect anything. A 11/14 with a 15 pump will support the same pulsewidth (exactly) as a 15 truck. Josh at RCD mentioned to me that there was no practical difference whatsoever.

dawashi

Reaction score
So many great reviews of this new 600QR tune I am going to have to try it when I get my cold air piping installed this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokin20

Reaction score
You guys need to chill with the praise of this 600 QR file. I'm stuck on the rig out in the middle of the GOM for two and a half more weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

c63 AMG

Reaction score
For the QR file did you adjust the throttle sensitivity. In other words 10% throttle is really 40%? Im just trying to understand how this was a achieved.

Sent from my banana using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
For the QR file did you adjust the throttle sensitivity. In other words 10% throttle is really 40%? Im just trying to understand how this was a achieved.

Actual throttle sensitivity was not altered. The same amount of pedal will produce the same amount of torque as before.

This alters (removes, rather) the pedal lag time. There are ramps for transient pedal movements that create pedal lag.

In other words, you give 20% pedal in an abrupt movement. The ECM dampens that response by ramping the pedal from 0% to 20% over a period of time. We removed that time period, allowing a direct response from the pedal to torque management.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Actual throttle sensitivity was not altered. The same amount of pedal will produce the same amount of torque as before.

This alters (removes, rather) the pedal lag time. There are ramps for transient pedal movements that create pedal lag.

In other words, you give 20% pedal in an abrupt movement. The ECM dampens that response by ramping the pedal from 0% to 20% over a period of time. We removed that time period, allowing a direct response from the pedal to torque management.

Got it thanks.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score

This has been the gripe in recent years with most new diesels across platforms. Between the throttle response dampening, torque management, etc. they all feel slow off the line or laggy. I think that is the biggest issue with driveability, stock and tuned. I'm glad to hear you are addressing it.

Latest posts

Members online