160/100 vs 205/30 Injector Testing

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on your experiences. Like nozzle sizes, smoke, performance, drivability? I’m just trying to make an educated decision on my next set of injectors

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had 238/100's from Rosewood and a 38r on my 2002. Drivability was great, but was smokey as hell in the hot tune, as you can imagine such an injector with a 38r would be. Like cummins smokey and that was with gh tuning. If I had that kind of money again I'd get the same injectors with a better turbo though. That truck was quick for a daily 7.3, made great power, and still got 16 mpg highway. With that said, I do believe when I got the tunes written I'm pretty sure I told them to not hold back at all.

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on your experiences. Like nozzle sizes, smoke, performance, drivability? I’m just trying to make an educated decision on my next set of injectors

I’ll list below what I’ve ran over the years.

160/30- truck was otherwise stock. great power with minimal smoke.

175/80- good power. Smoke controlled with tuning. As expected they’re oil hungry. Truck has a 38r and adrenaline hpop.

200/80- very good power. Had two different turbo setups with these. Initially I had 15* stock pump and it help pressure with old dyno proven tunes. They were probably my favorite all around injector. Turbos ran were 468 and d66. I would personally go with a 200/30 if I had to pick now.

175/146- otherwise stock 96 7.3 Very Smokey in hot and oil hungry, but to be expected. I got them for a really good deal from a friend.

Latest posts

Members online