160/80 Rosewood Injectors

Reaction score
So I am going to buy these injectors and am wondering I have a stock turbo in it right now and have the 1.0 housing. I will upgrade down the road and wondering if it would be OK to run for right now?? And also I don't have e-fuel right now. I will but I'm just wondering if my stock pump will be good enough for it?? Thanks in advance.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'd put your 1.15 housing back on it, a billet wheel and the stock turbo will do just fine.

Get a fuel pressure gauge however...

Reaction score
Alright I will watch it. And I plan on going bigger on turbo just not right now. With the 1.0 housing will it always be too hot??

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Not so much hot, as the side loading on the turbo is more with the 1.00 housing over the 1.15.

bruce

Reaction score
Alright awesome. So as far far as stock fuel will that be OK??

It will physically run, but a stock mechanical pump will never keep up with those injectors at the upper end of their hp range. Those injectors are gonna have to be held back due to lack of air anyway.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Even on an OBS it may be fine... Get a fuel pressure gauge before pissing away $1000+ on a "fuel system" you may not need.

2000f350

Reaction score
Your gonna need efuel. I talked with jim at rosewood about it when I got my 160/80s from him. Efuel is a neccesity to keep these Injectors happy as a mechanical pump can barely keep up with stock aa injectors found in the obs trucks.

Reaction score
K down the road I will get efuel. But money is kindof tight right now just wondering if I could run the stock pump for alittle while.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
make it quick, damage them and you'll wish you waited to do both at the same time... that was the voice of reason... in your shoes I probably wouldn't wait though

njjeep

Reaction score
If you get a fuel pressure gauge you will know how well your stock fuel system is doing. You will probably drop pressure and realize you need a better system but it's not like you wasted money on the gauge. It's probably the most important gauge along with egt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
K awesome will do thanks for the advice!! I will check the fuel pressure right now. What's a healthy systems numbers??

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I ran 160's on an OBS for years... WITH A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and watch the pressure. Good god people...

DZL JIM

Reaction score
160/80 can empty much faster and drop pressure quick on the OBS systems.
Besides, lots of other benefits to efuel, it's never a waste of money on the older trucks.
FWIW I ran stock fuel on my Stage-1 '97 for 4 years, too, and it ran great.

You will be limited by either your turbo or fuel system. Without upgrading both you will want to run in lower hp tunes anyway.

Latest posts