2006 King Ranch F-350

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah..got out of the Marines a few months ago and just started my first civilian job up here with Caterpillar. Thank you

No prob man. I didn't pay attention to your user name lol. Have you tried bed bath and beyond?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
I use the king ranch leather conditioner. Buy it online, or ford dealer. Buy two, it soaks it up. It turns it dark at first, don't br scared, it will look great in the morning. I'm in a Texas, so it takes a few times to soften it up. Do it every week or two.

swinky

Reaction score
The arm rests turned out pretty good. Imo there's a thin line between being ***ked and salvageable. With the spa method you will be able to get all the leather that's in good shape and fair shape to look good and new but if it's crossed the line it ain't gonna do chit.

swinky

Reaction score
In other words, on a scale 1-10 with 1 being the worst and 10 looking new I'd say everything from a 4 on up can be brought back to close to new.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Oh wow that's good news. Just gave mine the spa treatment and hit them with a little Lexol conditioner...will post pics later. Still definitely going to hit them with CPR but this is a good start...think my wheel is ***ked tho

swinky

Reaction score
Oh wow that's good news. Just gave mine the spa treatment and hit them with a little Lexol conditioner...will post pics later. Still definitely going to hit them with CPR but this is a good start...think my wheel is ***ked tho
did I show you my wheel?

swinky

Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402440099170.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402440099170.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 88

swinky

Reaction score
Wow that's not bad at all. Thanks

Took a peek and my wheel looks decent..pics tomorrow
it goes over the existing stuff, honestly I'd do this even if my wheel was in good shape. it's super comfortable having that extra thickness.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Didn't consider that. I am pretty excited to get this interior whipped back into shape. Then once it's good we shall start on the reliability stuff. Trucks vitals look good. I'm new to 6.0s but understand they are all ticking timebombs and from what I've read all my Scangauge viewable parameters look good . Only question I had is FICM Main power...mine is 47.5-48 is that good?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Iirc 45 volts and above is good on the ficm

Not all the leakers are bombs, its just most if them on these diesel forums where. Thats why most ppl seek out the forums for advise. If your truck has all good readings and isnt blowing coolant then its entirely possible it will be fine for many many miles to come, they dont just run fine one day and die the next, if your watching your gauges youll see it coming. If you wanna add power tho id do the necessary bullet proofing mods first.

Last edited:

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Yeah I'm good about keeping an eye on the gauges. I may swap to ELC and add a coolant filter soon and do the upgrades as I have money or I may do it all at once I haven't decided.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Question for everyone. If I wanted to upgrade my truck in segments could I start with coolant swap/flush and coolant filter to start? Then move onto the rest once I have the time

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Also forgot to add this..what is the latest and greatest flush procedure? I believe I read somewhere that Restore Plus is no longer the preferred method.

ford rules

Reaction score
I like to do a flush and coolant filter on my trucks before I do any other work. I use 2 quarts of ford vc9 and water for flushing. Then I run international red elc coolant.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Okay. That is the thought process I had to. What is the capacity of our cooling system? I work for CAT so our ELC is readily available to me so that is what I will likely use. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online