2006 King Ranch F-350

ford rules

Reaction score
Okay. That is the thought process I had to. What is the capacity of our cooling system? I work for CAT so our ELC is readily available to me so that is what I will likely use. Thanks

Gotcha, Cat is the same stuff. As long as its EC1 rated then its good.
Pull the block plugs also get as much out as you can.

03_PSD

Reaction score
I'd do a back flush on every thing too. Oil cooler. Radiator. Heater and remove block plugs too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Wow...rode in a tuned 6.0 last night and uh oh... That thing was fun! That was even just with canned SCT tunes...time to think about my staying stock ish theory

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
do the tuner for sure!

if your deltas are good, I wouldn't going and fixing something that isn't broken

if you're ever that deep into the top end, by all means put a new cooler on it, but people go overboard with this flushing stuff and it seems like a lot of spinning one's wheels for nothing a lot of times...

jm.02

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I have a different coolant in there that's rated to -60 so says the degas bottle...I believe it because whoever owned this truck before me seemed to take good care of it. Judging by the truck/topper and maintenance I would say an older guy since it's so clean and well looked after.

Heck even climbing the 7% grades to get to work my deltas don't break 10*

I've also noticed a lot of guys having no issues then going and doing all this work and miraculously have clogged oil coolers and a slew of other issues. I will fix what breaks is my thoughts.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Congratulations. Looks like a lightly used truck. I would be informed but try to enjoy the truck. I see a lot of people having trouble that dont pay aattention to a vehicles everyday condition.

The one instance where the 6l showing signs and being driven anyway is a purpose built work vehicle, ie, a truck with welders and tools in it. You cant just stop running it because its getting hot or whatever issue is manifesting.

I honestly wouldnt be hesitant.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Yeah I like big trucks...that's where I'm torn and I don't know that even with cold weather ratings that the expensive shocks are going to survive well in -40 and colder...and I would be terribly unhappy if they got destroyed by the salt/weather

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
If I had the money, I'd do either a carli 4.5 pin top kit, with everything they have, or a PMF 4.5" with icon or carli springs, resi shocks, and PMF ALAs. Either kit would receive PMF trac. bars. People complain enough about getting in my truck(2.5") so I think 4.5" would be the max I'd run. But I don't have steps either lol. And I think a 4.5" and 35-37" tires looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
I want to do the Pintop it just sucks cause fully loaded and shipped here it's like $5200 so it's going to be a long time until that happens haha. Plus as I said I'd be worried about the weather/sand and salt on the roads. Wish I could find some Canadians or someone else in this part of AK that's been running one for years

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I don't know what coating they use, but I'd email them if you're worried. I know some guys are doing clear vinyl on the shocks.
The other parts, the few guys I can think of with carli setups aren't in areas that I'd associate with being salty. Matt @ CED has a carli and I think he's might be in a heavily salted area?

Honestly though, I wouldn't worry that much, they seem to be a higher quality product, so if their chit rusts in 3 years, I'd imagine that you would've been screwed with any of the other kits out there. Seems like most guys here use icon, but there's a pretty nice following on the org for carli stuff.

Not saying that you should go to the org…but the "Carli Suspension" section may be of use/interest to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Thanks. The only reason Carli is what I'm leaning towards is I know all the Dodge guys running it and it's the only high end suspension I've ridden in. Not too many folks up here are into this kind of stuff haha so no one that I know up here to give me a ride

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.