2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

Randy_270

Reaction score
I'd like to see the dyno of all three turbos. My question for you Morgan is how well do you think the modified 2015 turbo would work in a compound set up? Obviously it would not be smart on a stock engine but if someone had done rods and wanted compounds.

Dantron

Reaction score
I think the question on everyone's mind is how does the turbo whistle sound on these new chargers?

Is there any chance you could manipulate the vanes to make them whistle on idle???

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I think the question on everyone's mind is how does the turbo whistle sound on these new chargers?

Is there any chance you could manipulate the vanes to make them whistle on idle???

I don't think that is on anybody's mind, well besides yours.

Reaction score
I'd like to see the dyno of all three turbos. My question for you Morgan is how well do you think the modified 2015 turbo would work in a compound set up? Obviously it would not be smart on a stock engine but if someone had done rods and wanted compounds.

I would love to spend days doing that. But a back, to back, to back is probably not gonna happen. But I won't rule it out. I know we will have a comparison of stock cast '15 on our '15 truck vs either our towmax vgt or the bigger version depending on when it comes out and I get time to dyno it. But there will be a before and after.

Dantron

Reaction score
On the morg. Like I said, blowup doll will whistle when hit hard, includes smoke switch with lope tune ( from CFD ).......and my slightly used charger for $ 600 OTD....

We've already discussed that deal and all I need is the charger, maybe some vasoline. I'm trying to find out about this 2015 turbo swap and the whistle characteristics are very crucial, if not the most important, aspect for my application! Mehh!!!

dseitler

Reaction score
You want whistle? Buy a GT4094 that's all you will hear. Trust me. A 03 6.0 has nothing on this turbo. Not even close. I can make cars pull over from behind them. LOL

Dantron

Reaction score
You want whistle? Buy a GT4094 that's all you will hear. Trust me. A 03 6.0 has nothing on this turbo. Not even close. I can make cars pull over from behind them. LOL
That sounds very tempting! I've been contemplating Elite's VGT kit with Danville turbo for a while. I'm not looking for high end power, but a good daily driver. This 2015 turbo swap would save me a good deal of money, but I don't want to regret not getting the full kit from Elite down the road...

RedRice589

Reaction score
That sounds very tempting! I've been contemplating Elite's VGT kit with Danville turbo for a while. I'm not looking for high end power, but a good daily driver. This 2015 turbo swap would save me a good deal of money, but I don't want to regret not getting the full kit from Elite down the road...

You'll always regret not going bigger... Just ask my girlfriend.... :jammin:

Dantron

Reaction score
So yeah...

How does the turbo whistle sound on these 2015 turbos? Any chance of them whistling on idle?

I speak only for myself in regards to these questions...

CATDiezel

Reaction score

I would stay away from the 4094... just sayin. Unless your capable of spending a bazillion hours doing your own tuning. Not waiting for a email from someone that's not driving the truck or having it strapped to a dyno for hours while one writes and rewrites tunes.

Latest posts

Members online