2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You better watch out. I'm about to take over... :flipa:

Some of these smilies are hilarious over here...:postwhore2:

don't let the blue name fool ya .. im'a tooth chipper. and you're welcome for the cool stuff.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
No, like stated above. Stock cast '15 I would say is capable of 500hp max towmax vgt would be 525 ish tops, but this is all a guess.

Stock '15 turbo will be nearly maxed out on stock fuel as will the billet version. The billet will make more power than a stock '15 charger. There will be some more dyno runs with other trucks I'm sure.

I've never seen a true stock turbo 6.7 make over 440-450 tops on this dyno. In fact the highest hp 6.7 with a stock turbo was a brand new truck with 3000 miles on it made 445.

Same truck, same tune, same tires, same dyno, same everything, except for the turbo kit and the day. In fact it was less than 5* difference in temp.

Yes it is a heart breaker. 300hp tuned 6.4 is lucky to make 550.

We made it as fair as we possibly could. I wanted to see the gains as much as anyone.

There are so many factors into this. But since it is useless then tell me how much variance you really think there is to discredit these readings? Short of a climate controlled dyno wtf else could we do?

The question is do you believe this one? Do you think we made imaginary graphs for internet purposes?

Come on guys..... Grasping for straws here aren't we?

Like I said there was only two variables changed here, the turbo, and the day.

Tadd and Wayne dyno'd dozens of turbos over a month or more on Wayne's truck. Is that any different?

We did everything we could to be as fair as possible. I spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours going to a reliable accurate dyno, 2.5 hours away just to get good info.

I guess we should just release products for sale that have to testing, never been installed or ran, with no back to back before and after testing........ Instead let use the "it's better, take my word on it" approach?

Lololololololol, take the info however you like. I know it is true. If not, I suggest someone go spend the time and money to prove me wrong.... Please...

I don't know if it is true. For me HP gain on a modified stock charger would be about 4 on the list of importance. That also goes for everything short of competition caliber builds. I have two interests in my truck, stock or something that is proven that I have knowledge and experience with if possible. The grey area between isn't for me...I view it as a 3K modification surrounded by a turbo that was not built for that, which is most likely an emission design. Could you have built the cheapest easiest way to 75 more HP? YA...

Way to much thought and consideration goes into dyno numbers on these "builds"...IMO

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Well. The dyno showed what I was hoping. Made 426/725 stock charger, without changing tune or any other parts besides the turbo kit with billet charger (didn't even clean the s&b) it made 496/903.

Extremely happy with those numbers.

71 hp and 178 ftlb gain with no other modification!

e6e7avu4.jpg

http://youtu.be/hjU3VQwNvI8

Damn son. Good job Broseph.

Dantron

Reaction score
When I release the cast kit the billet will be for sale. All the kits will be cast until ordered as billet. Then we will build the charger. I am short on turbos as ford is slow getting them all to me. So I don't want to tie up a billet charger when someone wants cast. Once they are easier to get I will try and make stock on both styles.

Gotcha! How long would you say until the cast kit becomes readily available? Also, what kind of improvements/benefits can one expect from the billet upgrade? Sorry, I'm a complete newb...

don't let the blue name fool ya .. im'a tooth chipper. and you're welcome for the cool stuff.

I'm aware of this, much appreciated! I knoweth my place amongst the Powerstroke Elite. Drunk on Diesel even has a blue name on here... :clapping:

Reaction score
I don't know if it is true. For me HP gain on a modified stock charger would be about 4 on the list of importance. That also goes for everything short of competition caliber builds. I have two interests in my truck, stock or something that is proven that I have knowledge and experience with if possible. The grey area between isn't for me...I view it as a 3K modification surrounded by a turbo that was not built for that, which is most likely an emission design. Could you have built the cheapest easiest way to 75 more HP? YA...

Way to much thought and consideration goes into dyno numbers on these "builds"...IMO

Gotcha, yes a modded drop in stock style charger is one of those "no for all out" deals. Is a t-4 quality charger a better option, meh, for some, not for others. It's all about options. The truck drives nice, has stock like manners and makes basically 500hp. If a person is happy with it then great! If not there are other avenues.

Haha, and I would consider this not a build at all. Just an informative thread on what the newer style turbo can do. Information for people to look at and make their own opinion about.

Couldn't ask for anything more than that. Good work!

Thank you sir. Just another option. I'm sure there will be lots more out there soon! Competition only makes us better.

Damn son. Good job Broseph.

Thanks mane!

Gotcha! How long would you say until the cast kit becomes readily available? Also, what kind of improvements/benefits can one expect from the billet upgrade? Sorry, I'm a complete newb...

I'm aware of this, much appreciated! I knoweth my place amongst the Powerstroke Elite. Drunk on Diesel even has a blue name on here... :clapping:

I'm expecting turbos next week which is the last price of the puzzle and we will have a large amount of kits ready.

The billet charger will spool quicker and make more power than the stock cast version.

Once I get some better tuning I will get a baseline on my '15 truck and do a turbo swap to compare stock to billet in an apples to apples style. Then maybe I'll try the bigger version!

Reaction score
Oh and btw, didn't lock out 6th. Cruised at 65 two lane highways all the way back with 16-17k in tow. Ran smooth and did not down shift unless you stabbed it past half throttle. As long as stayed easy on the throttle it would climb hills and make boost very smoothly with out downshifting. But overalls it's much happier at 70+ in 6th.

NotQuik

Reaction score
I've never seen a true stock turbo 6.7 make over 440-450 tops on this dyno. In fact the highest hp 6.7 with a stock turbo was a brand new truck with 3000 miles on it made 445.

http://www.hsperformance.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-dyno-results/

Let me know what I am missing here. Looking above at the sheet they are even using a mustang Dyno to boot?

I tend to believe in "simulated" dynos more so which also tend to read lower but generally mustang dynos fall into that category. Just curious what makes the Dyno you guys use that much different?

Last edited:

Dantron

Reaction score
I'm expecting turbos next week which is the last price of the puzzle and we will have a large amount of kits ready.

The billet charger will spool quicker and make more power than the stock cast version.

Once I get some better tuning I will get a baseline on my '15 truck and do a turbo swap to compare stock to billet in an apples to apples style. Then maybe I'll try the bigger version!

I will definitely hold out for the quicker spool time from the billet! How is the acceleration lag on the 2015? I've read of several people saying it was considerably slower. Do you think it would possible to compensate or even improve the response time compared to the dual boost turbo by using the billet version and new tuning?

Reaction score
http://www.hsperformance.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-dyno-results/

Let me know what I am missing here. Looking above at the sheet they are even using a mustang Dyno to boot?

I tend to believe in "simulated" dynos more so which also tend to read lower but generally mustang dynos fall into that category. Just curious what makes the Dyno you guys use that much different?

Because they are trying to sell their tuners with those numbers. I really do not care what the overall number is. All that matters is what the power gains from the modifications were.

I can not stress to you guys enough, a dyno is just a tuning tool. You cannot compare readings from one dyno to another. 100hp difference on the same truck just different dynos is nothing uncommon.

I will guarantee that h&s put up some very nice corrected numbers to make that happen.

We are not using a parts selling dyno (aka, what we call dynos calibrated to liberally show how much hp your truck makes after we worked on it. A feel good dyno).

Lots of others dyno in the low to mid 400's.

I will definitely hold out for the quicker spool time from the billet! How is the acceleration lag on the 2015? I've read of several people saying it was considerably slower. Do you think it would possible to compensate or even improve the response time compared to the dual boost turbo by using the billet version and new tuning?

Cool!

Yes the new '15s are laggier. But when put on a truck with more fuel and a bigger tune it takes a lot of that lag away. And yes custom tuning will always help. The vgt cycles could be optimized to make these spool even quicker.

Mike M

Reaction score
497 on the Grinch is impressive! And another 70hp gain with a turbo swap for the Midwest crew :clapping:

Morgan builds it. We validate it!

dseitler

Reaction score
Oh and btw, didn't lock out 6th. Cruised at 65 two lane highways all the way back with 16-17k in tow. Ran smooth and did not down shift unless you stabbed it past half throttle. As long as stayed easy on the throttle it would climb hills and make boost very smoothly with out downshifting. But overalls it's much happier at 70+ in 6th.

Thanks Morgan that was exactly the info I was looking for. I was wondering if the 366 or the 15 Turbo would do that without downshifting or having to have 6th locked out.

Also the Dyno chart looked great. I'm not sure if you saw my Dyno chart I posted with Dual fuel and the stock Turbo. My Torque dropped like a rock after 1900RPM and so did the HP after 2800RPM. Your setup pulled all the way through to almost peek RPM. That is a huge gain for anyone who tows or plays hard. Great Job!

almond5

Reaction score
How is the '15 turbo with egt's? I have the h&s deleted '13 but am getting crazy high egts on performance mode, and looking for ways to cool it down

Latest posts

Members online