2011 F350 Crazy Party Horn Wind Noise

Reaction score
Ever since Ive had the truck, its made what I would call like a new years party horn noise when cruising at interstate speeds on windy days. It seems like the noise is only coming from the drivers side bottom left corner. It is REALLY obnoxious and cant seem to pinpoint what it is causing it. At first I found the weather stripping was a little loose in that corner, so I re-glued it. However, did not fix the problem. A buddy of mine also has a 2011 that does the exact same thing when it is windy out. If anyone else has had this problem, can you post what you did to fix it and what the problem was? I have a video of it, but do not have a you tube account. Is there another way to post a video on here?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. Ford denied the issue. I used a strip of 3m tape Black up the drivers side of the window seal and never had the problem again. I want to and still want to punch the ford service manager in the face....

Spatel23

Reaction score
I get a whining noise also...was wondering if it was the seal.
It doesn't happen all the time though.
I'll have to take a look at the seal and see if tape helps it. If it does, guess I need to go thru the pain in the ass of getting it fixed

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 12 it drove me insane at first but I got use to it since I didn't have time to try and do warranty and can't have my truck down for more then a day

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I get a whining noise also...was wondering if it was the seal.
It doesn't happen all the time though.
I'll have to take a look at the seal and see if tape helps it. If it does, guess I need to go thru the pain in the ass of getting it fixed

I ran a strip of tape half on the seal and half on the windshield. You cannot even tell it's there. Mines was intermittent. Noticed heavily if I passed a semi or was in a cross wind. I pinpointed it by using blue painters tape while I was on a road trip then permanently used the 3m black electrical tape. It made me so mad at ford because they said "cannot duplicate problem"

The tape is applied only the vertical plane of the seal along the pillar drivers side. Others may be different.

Maybe you guys will have better luck with frod than I did.... I could easily take the truck in to a windshield shop and have it resealed. Just haven't done it because the thought is enough to make me want to light the dealership abalze....

Reaction score
Its annoying as hell especially since I use my truck on the interstate a lot and being that I live in central Illinois, it seems to be windy a lot. So I either have to roll the window down or turn the radio way up to ignore it. Glad to know Im not the only one having this issue. Wish something would have been done about this issue from Ford. I did try what some of you have done and tried to tape/reseal the vertical weather strip around the windshield, but it has not fixed mine unfortunately.

On another note, Im scheduled to have my windshield replaced tomorrow afternoon with a new OEM windshield and seal. I will update everyone after on whether it fixed it or not. Hopefully it does!

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
My 2011 did that, it took several trips to the dealer to get the whistle fixed. Mine was the drivers side window track seal that was causing it. They warrantied it and new door seals.

Hopefully the windshield fixes it for but just in case I mentioned my experience.

Reaction score
My 2011 did that, it took several trips to the dealer to get the whistle fixed. Mine was the drivers side window track seal that was causing it. They warrantied it and new door seals.

Hopefully the windshield fixes it for but just in case I mentioned my experience.

I sure hope the windshield replacement with a new seal fixes it! Thanks for letting me know though incase it doesnt work. Seems like a lot of people have had luck with different things that have fixed this particular issue so its tough to know which one will actually do the trick for me. Weird that so many different parts that fail can all have the same terrible noise as the outcome. But heres to hoping the windshield takes care of it! :toast: It is one of the most obnoxious noises Ive ever heard and cant wait till its gone

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Good deal. That's fixed MANY whistling windshields. Some other trucks have had door seal issues. Glad you got your windshield repaired.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. Ford denied the issue. I used a strip of 3m tape Black up the drivers side of the window seal and never had the problem again. I want to and still want to punch the ford service manager in the face....

Ford warrantied my 09 when the seal was leaking. It was also still under the 3 ur 36k, might be why.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Im not quite so lucky to fall into that 3 year 36,000 mile warranty any longer. I've got 60,000 miles on mine so looks like Im on my own finding this problem out. If the windshield doesnt fix it (which I really hope does after spending money on it), I guess I will move onto replacing those door seals that run along the side of the windshield along the cab. Also, forgot to mention, I did do that door seal mod a while ago where you pull medical tubing through all of your door seals to bulk them up, but that did not change it

RedRice589

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Im not quite so lucky to fall into that 3 year 36,000 mile warranty any longer. I've got 60,000 miles on mine so looks like Im on my own finding this problem out. If the windshield doesnt fix it (which I really hope does after spending money on it), I guess I will move onto replacing those door seals that run along the side of the windshield along the cab. Also, forgot to mention, I did do that door seal mod a while ago where you pull medical tubing through all of your door seals to bulk them up, but that did not change it

I have the same problem. I'm pretty positive it's the window seal. Mine had a noise too. I still haven't replaced the window seal and I've had a new seal sitting in my camper since last October and 40k miles ago :morons:

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I'm pretty positive it's the window seal. Mine had a noise too. I still haven't replaced the window seal and I've had a new seal sitting in my camper since last October and 40k miles ago :morons:

When you say window seal, which seal exactly are you talking about? Sorry for the dumb question, I guess Im not sure if you mean the seal that goes around the windshield or the one next to the windshield seal that runs along the door frame on the cab maybe? Picture?

RedRice589

Reaction score
This one is the problem on mine. Was too busy to get it replaced and then popped outta bumper to bumper in the first month I had it.got it with 17k on it.

453362d1931fc7391d22a2df3356e00c_zps60de3659.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.