2011 Job1 Issues

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
Hi all, Just a few questions on a 2011 I'm looking at.

I'm looking at a 9/24/10 build 6.7 truck. Its an ECLB Lariat in Tux Black 2-tone. Loaded to the tits. The dealer has what I would consider a pretty good price on it.
Heres the original sticker They are asking a bit under 38,500

What kinds of issues were common on the early 2011 models? I've heard turbos and valves but with 22k miles I've got a lot of warranty left.

Are the replacement turbos any better? What should I look out for?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have never heard any type of valve problem on these trucks. I don't think there are any job 1 specific problems with these trucks. Some people have had there turbo go out though, but it really doesn't sound like a HUGE issue to me, I am not worried about mine at all

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
lol too late bought it. It has been to the shop 2 times, once for a nox sensor once for a DEF sensor. Two things I will not have to worry about next week.

Wasn't the one I was originally looking at, this one is a march-'10 build with 50k on it... its an f-350 spec'd out basically the same without the chrome package.

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
I guess I'll get a running list here for anyone interested downt he road.

Radiators (Early Job1 2011 trucks may exhibit leaky radiators)

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
My job 1
Radiator replaced
Turbo replaced
Brakes master cylinder replaced
exhaust bolts replaced ( missing a few from the factory)

Turnips

Reaction score
My dads radiator went at 60,000kms and the engine just went at 100,000kms due to faulty bearings in the bottom end

Sent from a iPhone

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I've been reading about the trans problems both the 11's and 12's are having...sure makes me reconsider moving up.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Transmission issues? Thats def. a first..... Probably tuned trucks more than likely having the issues....Those new torqshifts are the last thing I thought would have a problem

Mine is a 2012 and only issue Ive had so far is a check engine light come on at 7500 miles but its mass air flow sensor related. Took to Ford and they blamed it on the AFE drop in filter I installed and made me take my stock filter back up there....Then the stupid light came back on...and its still on until I can find time to take it all the way to the dealer I bought it from so its fixed actually by someone who gives a damn

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online