2013 Turbo PSI Issue

johnboy27

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F250 I bought a few months ago. I have an H&S Mini Maxx w/ DPF delete, Flo Pro 5" exhaust and a S&B CAI.
I put all this on at the same time at 1000 miles. I now have over 12k on it.

The issue I am having is after the truck is warm and has been running a while when I come to a stop...sometimes when I take back off I have 0 turbo pressure, then it will spin up and drop back down to zero. If I accelerate hard the turbo spools up and drops back down to 0 when I let off a little bit. It will do this for a couple minutes here and there. It does it off and on. It does it even when I am pulling the trailer sometimes. When it happends the diesel knock of the engine gets louder and black smoke comes out of the exhaust pretty heavy. Sometimes I can just take my foot off the gas and coast for a few seconds and get back on it and it will be normal again. Other times I have to be on and off the gas numerous times before the turbo PSI stays where it should normally be.

Anyone else seen that happen?
I have talked to H&S about it and they said they have not heard of that problem.

I was hoping someone else has seen this and might know what it is if anything.

I appreciate the help.

johnboy27

Reaction score
It also happens sometimes when I shut the truck off when I make a stop during the day. Then when I get back in and start it up it does it.

MorganY

Reaction score
Same exact thing happens to another member here. H&S canned tunes. They need to release an update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
hmm never had this happen with my canned tunes, im on different tunes now so that maybe why i dont have that issue

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Mine does this same exact thing. Tuned at 7700 miles. Have about 800 miles on the canned h&s files. Cruising down the highway at about 5psi and it randomly drops boost. Comes back on when I hit the pedal a little bit and get boost back up.

johnboy27

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's everyone. I will run it on the stock tune and see what happens.

colecoop56

Reaction score
My 13 Does the exact same thing and it was worrying the crap out of me. It does it to me on the highway. It will randomly when I give it a little gas on the highway drop from 5 psi down to zero and then back to 5 psi keep doing that pattern until I give it a lot of gas and it will all the sudden like spike out of it. Mine was doing it bad for a while and then I updated my tuner and it hadn't done it in a month until this past weekend. I dont know whats going on but its annoying. Definitely doesn't do it as bad as the first time it was doing it though. Could it just be the H&S tunes?

Mpoage

Reaction score
My 2013 has done that exact same thing one time. I was climbing a hill and the boost would just fall off and it would start smoking real bad then the boost would pick up and it would be normal but it did that about 4 times in the space of about 30 seconds. My truck will also throw a over boost code and go into reduced engine power if I stay in it past 100 mph.

Mine will also randomly die under hard acceleration or pulling a heavy load due to a P0093 code. I called H&s and they said they had never heard of the problem and that I needed to change my fuel filters. Even though the truck only had 2500 miles on it at the time. My 2011 has never threw a check engine light or ever hiccupped since it has been tuned so I do believe that they need to work on their 2013 tuning.

Also does anybody else feel like the transmission shifting has gotten real soft and there is a little bit of shift flare now that theirs has been tuned for awhile? I returned mine to stock and retuned it and it was good for about 1, 000 miles but has gone soft again since.

Last edited:

colecoop56

Reaction score
We all have 5" Flo Pro exhaust. I know that it has nothing to do with it. But it is weird we are all running that setup who has the problem.

johnboy27

Reaction score
I'm glad I am not alone here. LOL

H&S told me they have never heard of that problem either. Knock on wood...mine has never thrown a code of any type yet.

I don't feel like its a problem with the truck IMO. I think its something to do with the tune possibly. But, I don't know enough about it to be sure.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Maybe one of you should call back and get them to come discuss the never heard issue in this thread

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Unplug the EGR system when you are running emissions removed tuning. Should fix your issues. The only way to kill incoming air (what you guys are describing) is to close the throttle valve. Make sure it is unplugged, should fix your problem.

Latest posts

Members online