2015 fuel economy

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 2015 to take the beating off my body on the long trips. How is the fuel economy with the 2015s? I heard good and bad. Or I should wait to see what 2016 has to offer?

My truck (see sig) gets 15 mpg in city/hwy driving and goes up with all highway driving. I don't want to support the oil companies.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
they get ***in awesome fuel mpg..... anything over 12mpg in a 9000lb truck is dam good..if ya want fuel fuel economy, dont buy a 9k lb truck..

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
After turning off the Trailer Sway Control MPG has gotten a tad better as well as less regens. For what you list as your current MPG I'd keep what you have.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It sux,so if thats your deciding factor forget about it,mid 16s here with tiny factory pizza cutter wheels.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Billy, mine is an F350 crew cab shortbed. I5 South at 80mph was holding at 16.8-17. I only have 1700 miles on mine. I have seen 19 at 72mph. I'm happy.

Back and forth to work(short runs) it's holding 13.2.

There smooth, quiet, and decent power.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
That's my exact setup Billy but mine is a 13. It gets good mileage for being a 9k truck. I average 15 around town and have seen 19-20 highway at 72mph. Get one man you will love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
My truck doesn't weigh 9k :flipa:

And I get 10ish towing 23k GCVW.

Billy T.
[email protected]

He's only about 18% off. Not bad when a fully loaded ccsb weighs in at 7 300 lbs on multiple cat scales across the US. My truck must be full of helium. LOL

I'm not sure where guys come up with these off the wall numbers for curb weights.

Now throw on a big lift and heavy wheel and tire and yes your adding weight.

I will average 12.5mpg 26k gcvw. That's at 65mph. Touching 70 for short bursts. HS tune in mild. Deleted. Mind this is on a junky old 11 model. Lol

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes. Smooth quiet and powerful but the mileage isnt that good on the 15s. The older ones are better.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
He's only about 18% off. Not bad when a fully loaded ccsb weighs in at 7 300 lbs on multiple cat scales across the US. My truck must be full of helium. LOL

I'm not sure where guys come up with these off the wall numbers for curb weights.

Now throw on a big lift and heavy wheel and tire and yes your adding weight.

I will average 12.5mpg 26k gcvw. That's at 65mph. Touching 70 for short bursts. HS tune in mild. Deleted. Mind this is on a junky old 11 model. Lol
I'll weigh mine in the morning. I think it's around 7400 lbs(Crewcab shortbed).
I do have a small toolbox and Fords gooseneck prep package though, oh and a 50 gallon fuel tank from Transfer Flow.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I'll weigh mine in the morning. I think it's around 7400 lbs(Crewcab shortbed).

I do have a small toolbox and Fords gooseneck prep package though, oh and a 50 gallon fuel tank from Transfer Flow.

My 14 F350 weighs 10100lbs with a full slip tank, toolbox and a KTM 300 in the back ready to Braaaap. I'll take 1500lbs away to be on the light side with that stuff taken out of the box but do the math and these things are tanks so fuel mileage won't be as good as say a duramax...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Duramax isnt substantially lighter anymore. Since 11 the weight differences are.negligible. I drive a 14 dmax and at 17k miles and all my crap in it, pulling an enclosed trailer/shop on wheels it gets 10 towing and up to 12 if the trailer isnt full. Empty is 13 ish. The computer keeps "average" since its been on the road and its at 11.2mpg which is probably higher than actual.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Duramax isnt substantially lighter anymore. Since 11 the weight differences are.negligible. I drive a 14 dmax and at 17k miles and all my crap in it, pulling an enclosed trailer/shop on wheels it gets 10 towing and up to 12 if the trailer isnt full. Empty is 13 ish. The computer keeps "average" since its been on the road and its at 11.2mpg which is probably higher than actual.

Hmmm crazy, I know my ford is rigged up with the same toolbox and slip tank as my 3500 duramax and I'm 900 lbs heavier with the ford. But putting that aside the 15 dodge is a hog on fuel too with a co-worker claiming around 13 combined too so it really sounds like the Ford is getting the best fuel mileage then! Makes me wonder how heavy a 15 Chev is then!

Latest posts

Members online