2015 fuel economy

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's my exact setup Billy but mine is a 13. It gets good mileage for being a 9k truck. I average 15 around town and have seen 19-20 highway at 72mph. Get one man you will love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mine is a 12 and is identical for mpg.. hook my 5er up and it plummets to 9mpg...

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Man I really wish my '15 got anything near 15mpg... And yes it does weight 9000. But it's not empty... Not even close. My 11 dually with the toolbox and a full tank topped in at 9200 and it didn't have a 100 gallon fuel cell in the bed either.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hmmm crazy, I know my ford is rigged up with the same toolbox and slip tank as my 3500 duramax and I'm 900 lbs heavier with the ford. But putting that aside the 15 dodge is a hog on fuel too with a co-worker claiming around 13 combined too so it really sounds like the Ford is getting the best fuel mileage then! Makes me wonder how heavy a 15 Chev is then!

Its probably out there on the net.

If your truck is lifted ,on 35s and 20s.or.whatever the weight difference would.make sense. Stock for stock, the dmax might be 100 or 200 lbs lighter but the 1k lbs weight difference isnt there anymore.

Dude, id take any of the new trucks. They are all very nice and tow very well.

I run these for two years and unload them. My 12 had over 125k on it in July when I got this truck. I saved about ten grand getting a 14 vs a 15. They are ugly anyway. The gmc looks better to me.

Last edited:

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Its probably out there on the net.

If your truck is lifted ,on 35s and 20s.or.whatever the weight difference would.make sense. Stock for stock, the dmax might be 100 or 200 lbs lighter but the 1k lbs weight difference isnt there anymore.

Dude, id take any of the new trucks. They are all very nice and tow very well.

I run these for two years and unload them. My 12 had over 125k on it in July when I got this truck. I saved about ten grand getting a 14 vs a 15. They are ugly anyway. The gmc looks better to me.

I agree, there all tow monsters! Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Just got rid of my 12 Cummins for the Ford. I like the Ford the most for the cab size. I'm 6ft 5 inches so the GMC was a litlte small but very nice too!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I agree, there all tow monsters! Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Just got rid of my 12 Cummins for the Ford. I like the Ford the most for the cab size. I'm 6ft 5 inches so the GMC was a litlte small but very nice too!

Yea, mine is.cclb but its usualy only two guys in the front. The front is fine, its.the rear that hoses tall people. Ford, cab size isnt an.issue.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yea, mine is.cclb but its usualy only two guys in the front. The front is fine, its.the rear that hoses tall people. Ford, cab size isnt an.issue.

Couldn't agree more. I keep my
Printer and paperwork in the back so it has lots of room. I work out of my truck so having room is a big issue!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Man I really wish my '15 got anything near 15mpg... And yes it does weight 9000. But it's not empty... Not even close. My 11 dually with the toolbox and a full tank topped in at 9200 and it didn't have a 100 gallon fuel cell in the bed either.

Is the 15 mpg all hwy or a combo of city/hwy? How fast do you drive on the hwy? Truck stock?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Reaction score
Is the 15 mpg all hwy or a combo of city/hwy? How fast do you drive on the hwy? Truck stock?

Billy T.

[email protected]

I've never seen 15mph from day one, doesn't matter how I drive. My older 6.7's all got at least 15 mpg. This one doesn't. I've been deleted stock, dpf on tuned, bigger turbo, deleted with big turbo and big tunes. All kind of different combos. Truck sits stock height with 285's. I can tell you 100% these 2015's just don't quite do as well as the 11-14's. That's what happens when they go for more hp and already ow the market. They have to loose something.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm happier with what i'm getting now,seems 16.5 mixed isn't all that bad after all for a 15....rclb 4x4 empty on 17's beating on it like it owes me $.

Latest posts

Members online