2015 ??'s

jbair14

Reaction score
I have a 2015 F-250 that I bought in September. I deleted it at the end of October with a SCT X4 and KEM tunes. So far I haven't been impressed with the power at all coming from a tuned 6.4. I dyno'd the truck a couple weekends ago at the Elite Dyno day in Denver. On the race tune it dyno'd 417HP and was defueling on the Dyno around 75 MPH(I have no clue what would make it defuel). I have a check engine light on as well because I deleted the EGR and didn't know KEM didn't have tuning for that. I just sent my tuner back to Mike hoping the updates he has will fix all my issues. Does anybody have ideas on what might be going on, at this point I'm about to trade back to a 6.4 because I miss the power. Also, see link to thread from when I first bought the truck and the concerns I had.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/830425-concerns-15-a.html

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have a 2015 F-250 that I bought in September. I deleted it at the end of October with a SCT X4 and KEM tunes. So far I haven't been impressed with the power at all coming from a tuned 6.4. I dyno'd the truck a couple weekends ago at the Elite Dyno day in Denver. On the race tune it dyno'd 417HP and was defueling on the Dyno around 75 MPH(I have no clue what would make it defuel). I have a check engine light on as well because I deleted the EGR and didn't know KEM didn't have tuning for that. I just sent my tuner back to Mike hoping the updates he has will fix all my issues. Does anybody have ideas on what might be going on, at this point I'm about to trade back to a 6.4 because I miss the power. Also, see link to thread from when I first bought the truck and the concerns I had.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/830425-concerns-15-a.html

15's require all the electronics for the EGR be plugged in until SCT changes Advantage to allow more modification from that. There are still a lot of changes being made in the tuning and Mike's revision over what you have is leaps and bounds ahead. The tuning in October was before my truck was live tuned for 2 weeks of constant revision.

Also, there's a fuse that has to be pulled on some trucks to keep the advancetrack from freaking out on the dyno. My truck lost a LOT of people when it kept constantly defueling, which would explain super low numbers

Hopefully this helps

HurricanesFord

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Are you saying we shouldnt unplug our EGR? When will revised tunes be available from KEM?

BK39

Reaction score
These 6.7s with Just a basic tuner with deletes are not going to run like your 6.4 did. If you're not happy with the power, you'll need to get your old truck back, or start looking in to turbo kits and more fuel.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
These 6.7s with Just a basic tuner with deletes are not going to run like your 6.4 did. If you're not happy with the power, you'll need to get your old truck back, or start looking in to turbo kits and more fuel.

I dont concur with that statement. My regular cab 6.7 and my dads regular cab 6.4 run about the same. Im pretty sure they would be within half a vehicle length of each other.

2015 - 350 RCLB 3.55 w/ 35" AT Nitto - 5K Miles

2009 - 350 RCLB 3.55 w/ 35" AT Toyo - 52K Miles

The 15 is snappier out of the hole, the 09 has a little more midrange, the 15 pulls harder up top.

People have to remember its also about where in the powerband these things make power. 6.7's make torque, EARLY.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Are you saying we shouldnt unplug our EGR? When will revised tunes be available from KEM?

If read my above statement, we are currently waiting on updates in the advantage software before there will be more control of EGR Functions. Hopefully they get caught up as I know Mike is not the only one waiting!

Morgan and I tried a couple methods of certain sensors plugged in or not, the vehicles respond better with all sensors, actuators plugged in (EGR Wise) until there is a fix.

I am giving my 2015 up again for 2 weeks over the holidays to try a few more calibrations out and see if we cant get ahead of the pack again. There will be 3 trucks getting tested back to back to back.

BK39

Reaction score
I'll take your word for it. You have def done more with these trucks then I have. I'm just going off personal experience, my 6.7 doesn't hold a candle to my 6.4. Now my 6.7 is a 13 model, maybe the 15s are a different beast.

My experience: I raced my deleted 13 against my buddies deleted 08. He was running the Spartan 210 tow tune, I'm running SPE Hot X tune. I only beat him by about 1/2 a truck. It was a darn shame to know that he still had a 300 or 310 tune to load, but my truck was already maxed out.

jbair14

Reaction score
Hopefully the tuning has improved and I'll know better when I get my tuner back. Right now my TC doesn't lock up until 6th gear on full throttle pulls. I may be used to the 6.4 power of having the TC lock up in 4th and pull real hard into the 5th locked shift. I'm being very patient with the truck right now as I know everyone is trying to work out bugs and find the best setup.

I also currently have an issue with my EGT reading on my insight. I have a no limit block off plate and have a bushing for an adapter for the 1/8" edge pyro. With the depth of the block off plate, and the bushing the probe does not reach the the exhaust flow. My egt's are very low and I haven't read above 600*. I've talked to Mike at No Limit for the last month about my issue and he's noted I'm the only with seeing this problem. Does anyone have a block off plate with a 1/8" bung or tapped for 1/8" I can buy to try?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I'll take your word for it. You have def done more with these trucks then I have. I'm just going off personal experience, my 6.7 doesn't hold a candle to my 6.4. Now my 6.7 is a 13 model, maybe the 15s are a different beast.

My experience: I raced my deleted 13 against my buddies deleted 08. He was running the Spartan 210 tow tune, I'm running SPE Hot X tune. I only beat him by about 1/2 a truck. It was a darn shame to know that he still had a 300 or 310 tune to load, but my truck was already maxed out.

Night and day. I've had 3 2011's, 1 2012, 2 2013, 1 2014, and have 2 2015's. We have pushed every year with tuning to find the different "plateau's". The 2015 platform has a LOT more potential with the GT37 and the increased displacement pump. People also forget the injector itself is slightly different.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score

The 15s are a completely different animal from the 11-14 trucks. Fueling is different so is the turbo. Our 15' test truck laid down 538rwhp on the dyno.

Yes I know a dyno is just a measuring tool but our 14' test truck only made 432 on our dyno.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hopefully the tuning has improved and I'll know better when I get my tuner back. Right now my TC doesn't lock up until 6th gear on full throttle pulls. I may be used to the 6.4 power of having the TC lock up in 4th and pull real hard into the 5th locked shift. I'm being very patient with the truck right now as I know everyone is trying to work out bugs and find the best setup.

I also currently have an issue with my EGT reading on my insight. I have a no limit block off plate and have a bushing for an adapter for the 1/8" edge pyro. With the depth of the block off plate, and the bushing the probe does not reach the the exhaust flow. My egt's are very low and I haven't read above 600*. I've talked to Mike at No Limit for the last month about my issue and he's noted I'm the only with seeing this problem. Does anyone have a block off plate with a 1/8" bung or tapped for 1/8" I can buy to try?

Thats odd. I have no issues on my trucks with Mikey's kits. Only my 2011 with a 15 I actually put my EGT sensor in the up pipe just because I had a provision available. Definitely an odd problem for sure.

jbair14

Reaction score
10380734_10101905834110153_7627400657806856603_n.jpg

10170703_10101905834314743_7691272928778940073_n.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the thread sizes are...but just guessing I'd say get a 1/2" -1/8" adaptor and eliminate the middle fitting. That'll solve your issue for a couple of bucks.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The 15s are a completely different animal from the 11-14 trucks. Fueling is different so is the turbo. Our 15' test truck laid down 538rwhp on the dyno.

Yes I know a dyno is just a measuring tool but our 14' test truck only made 432 on our dyno.

I have seen the 15 be around 40 ish hp higher than the 14 and below with a correction... To many variables to saw ya or nay really. After the "first" guy claims 500 whatever everyone has to be there....LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You dynod the same day as I did and you saw that I put Down close to what most 6.4s were doing. Stick with it don't go backwards that's for sure

Captaincworley

Reaction score

Did you tighten down the bushings?They look like they are barely threaded on in the pic.I took mine back off and installed the manifold pipe back in for the time being,But my sensor was definitely in the exhaust stream!

Charles

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.