20x12 on stock height trucks

pog

Reaction score
Ya I'm guessing the spacer makes the inner part of the tire rub the fender when he turns.

Reaction score
I don't want to derail this by any means. I know all you guys have newer trucks with the wider axles. I have a 99 with a 3.5 inch leveling kit. I currently run weld racing daggers 16 x 10 with 35 12.50 mud grapplers. I'm wanting to get that wide stance that all of you have. Would a 20 x 12 wheel and a -44 offset work on my truck with no rubbing if I ran a 33 inch tire? I'm not worried about hitting the bumper cause I have a ranch hand on it and it sits out farther. Any advice is much appreciated! thanks in advance.

MINK

Reaction score
I don't want to derail this by any means. I know all you guys have newer trucks with the wider axles. I have a 99 with a 3.5 inch leveling kit. I currently run weld racing daggers 16 x 10 with 35 12.50 mud grapplers. I'm wanting to get that wide stance that all of you have. Would a 20 x 12 wheel and a -44 offset work on my truck with no rubbing if I ran a 33 inch tire? I'm not worried about hitting the bumper cause I have a ranch hand on it and it sits out farther. Any advice is much appreciated! thanks in advance.

A 35 will fit on 12" wheel with that much lift. The 99-04 trucks have a narrower axle so it still wont be as wide as some setup pictured in this thread.

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys. my plans for this thing other than on the street is to drag race it so kind wanting to stay around a 33 and go as wide as I can get. which would be what?

MINK

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys. my plans for this thing other than on the street is to drag race it so kind wanting to stay around a 33 and go as wide as I can get. which would be what?

33x12.50 or 13.50 on a 20x12 with fit at 0-2" lift height and is all the wider you can go.

If you want the same look as the newer trucks go with a 33x13.50 on a 20x14...2-4" of lift needed for those though

Reaction score
Oh I see. well I'll just stick with no spacer. Even without. Going from 10 inch to 12 will make a big difference. Thanks for all your help! Now just need to pick the wheels and tires. Lol

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Any modifications done to fit that without rubbing? Or does it rub?

Well it's on an 05 so it's tough to compare. Similar but seems like you 6.4 dudes have a little more clearance. But either way just minor trimming on the fenders. Still rubs the liners a tiny but that doesn't bother me. And I'd rather not cut them all up

pog

Reaction score
ordered some 20x12s thru my local tire shop. get a phone call 5 mins later, "you know that rim alone is gonna stick out 4" past your truck" me "thats fine". phones me again 5 mins later, "you know its gonna require custom work to get that to clear right?". me "it wont but thats fine".

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score

It will work or you could do this but it would be a inch narrower on each side.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370912048.499794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370912076.143284.jpg
20x14s with a leveling kit. 33x12.50s

pog

Reaction score
so do i need to remove the over load springs for it to sit level? id hate to drop it and keep the overload springs and not have it sit level

Frank_C

Reaction score
I have the 4400lb coils up front and no block or top overload(didn't come with one) in the rear. It sits just a twitch rear high right now, so I think I'm gonna pull the bottom thick leaf and see how it looks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.