238/80's hazing at idle

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Diamos, no one has them. I'm going to be selling them pretty soon if you're interested

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
Not only oil temp but fuel temp plays a part in all of this cold engine effects as well.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
When my o rings went out it took a Matter of minutes. And my truck wouldn't start it felt like the engine seized. It happen to me a few times so I remeber . But it did blow a lot of black smoke and right before it died it blew white smoke. I guess the oil and fuel mixed. Lesson learned never to buy reman injectors. The oil rings are **** they lasted a few days and they go out one by one. So if you change one whole side . The other side might go out next week. It looked like a hamster was nawing on them.

White Buffalo

Reaction score
My brother's truck does the same thing on cold starts with Swamps 175/146 injectors. Brand new motor from the International dealer and a brand new 38R still smokes just like the old one till warmed up. Started with the Swamps tuning and it was pretty bad...now with PHP tuning the truck is moody as heck...sometimes it smokes but then sometimes it doesn't like a stock injectored truck. I remember reading a thread somewhere a while back when Gearhead chimed in and said that some smoke and some don't with the same setups and tuning on cold starts....apparently this is a problem that all tuners are battlling with larger than stock single shots. I still don't understand why the 175's with stock nozzles have this problem as most of the complaints are in the hybrid sizes +.

I'm 3 months late to the party, but I have the same injectors. Swamps 175/146 single shots installed in 2007 (@ 80,000 miles ago), van turbo, no AIH, no EBPV. This video clip is from March 2014 - 24 degrees OAT, 1,400 ft elevation. Truck wasn't plugged in and sat outside for 2 days. Took the video for a friend in Montana who is having the same issues as your brother, Trying to figure out why some smoke and others don't......

He's installed new EBP & Map sensors. Tunes from 2 or 3 different tuners....compresson test came back good and new glow plugs.

but since it is June we might have to wait till October before it freezes again. I'll dig up the data logging with EOT, FPW, ICP, Baro, EBPS & MAP.

th_coldstart24degrees_zps5d9a840d.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.