238/80's hazing at idle

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes,I still have a light haze once warm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Have you sent the Injectors back in to get looked at? I think I read that you did but not sure. That is really strange. What do you see for MPG??

When you are driving does it still have a light haze? Does it run rough Like there is a small miss?? Does it have a strong raw un-burnt fuel smell?

purplepstroke

Reaction score
I have a slight haze with my 230\100 hundreds once its warmed up. When I first start start the truck it look like its on fire. Maybe its due too ICP sensors reading a little off?

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Have you sent the Injectors back in to get looked at? I think I read that you did but not sure. That is really strange. What do you see for MPG??

When you are driving does it still have a light haze? Does it run rough Like there is a small miss?? Does it have a strong raw un-burnt fuel smell?

They've done it ever since I put them in, always wondered if one of them was messed up a little. Mpg wise, 10ish in town driving easy maybe 15 highway at 70. Sometimes I can see a slight haze when I go to pull away from lights and stuff under very light throttle. If I'm sitting there idling and wind is just right I can see the smoke come by my window.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have a slight haze with my 230\100 hundreds once its warmed up. When I first start start the truck it look like its on fire. Maybe its due too ICP sensors reading a little off?

Who made your Injectors? I could be all wet But I wonder if tolerances are off in the injectors that do this.

Or there is a weak (low compression) engine involved?? Do you know how sound your engine is? What does it have for blow by?

They've done it ever since I put them in, always wondered if one of them was messed up a little. Mpg wise, 10ish in town driving easy maybe 15 highway at 70. Sometimes I can see a slight haze when I go to pull away from lights and stuff under very light throttle. If I'm sitting there idling and wind is just right I can see the smoke come by my window.

It only started with the new injectors right? The factory injectors did not do that right?

I in all honesty do not think its the tuning. It is either the injectors or you have a weak engine. What is your blow by? The reason i say this is, With Factory tuning a set of 238/80 should not haze at a idle when the engine is warmed up. My 300/200 with Factory tuning did not haze when warmed up. But the timing would have been advanced over your do to the fact mine had single shots and your had splits. BUT all that was took care for you by tuning.
I really wonder if the injectors are out of specs just a little.

I might be wrong thou.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Can anyone data log these cold starts?
Specifically-
EOT
Mass fuel desired
Volume fuel desired
ICP
Pulse width

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I can do it all but mass fuel and volume fuel desired. I do not think are key players though. But could be wrong. On all my cold starts I have done ICP and EOT I would like to do more BUT I can only read two pyrometer at a shot with this gauge. I wish I had AE!!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I had a hazing issue and those were exactly what were requested from me.
That is the reason I asked.
But every tuner may have their own individual ways of doing all this.
AE should come from the factory with these trucks lol.

psduser1

Reaction score
I have 160/100, and they haze as described in this thread. Part of that is mechanical, as in sticky valve.
I spoke with you, Matt, on the phone, a couple weeks ago.
And no I do not have an iah.
Dac3, manual shift, everything everyone listed earlier in the thread.
Aside from the mechanical issue, I'm curious to see if tuning can cut down on the smoke.

Swaan

Reaction score
Any one have any updates with your blue haze issues. I've got pis 175/80 with matts tuning and it's really bothering me. Runs great once some temp is up. I'm going to replace my baro sensor tomorrow and see if that helps.

firehunter

Reaction score
No joy here.

I will be swapping my 30% nozzles for 80's next weekend to see if there is a difference. Same as what has been said, from a haze to completely smoking out parking lots when cold, runs great when warm. No codes EVER.

Used my truck as a work truck today around the ranch, slow speeds out in the fields, 4-low sometimes, was still hazing after 20 minutes of running and engine up to full temp. Short run down a road to get the RPM's up and haze was gone. 60* F ambient. :confused:

Swaan

Reaction score
Oh man. Can't understand why some guys have no problems with smoke and some do.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Tuning...compression....rerouted ccv...turbo seals getting bad...multiple "could be's"

Mine does it with stockers. Chip, no chip...not too concerned.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It could even be as simple as a nicked O-Ring. I am going to try to pull PW back and raise ICP a little when cold to see if that will help to. I think right now it is putting to much fuel in. Hence my problem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.