250/200 horsepower goal

TyCorr

Reaction score
yeah i saw it, thats why i don't post over there anymore. too many dumbas$es

Yeeeep. People were busting 238/80s into 500hp 6 or 7 years ago. With a rr and some even.had a stock 17° pump. You.cant tell him anything.

TyCorr

Reaction score
He's a sexual intellect.

LOL

I finally just gave up.....whatever...ive been driving a 7.3 for twenty years. Just dont care to argue with someone who.probably bought theirs two years ago and knows everything. Whatever. Have at it.

m j

Reaction score
MJ says you can't make 500 with any of the single hpop (t-500, hbj or adreneline) currently available. He's like the coolest guy on psn

I am pretty sure I said those pumps wont maintain pressure with 200% nozzles.
I have yet to see anyone post anything that says those pumps can keep up to 200% nozzles.
feel free to link me to any info that shows otherwise.

what pump do you recommend for 200% nozzles?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have yet to see anyone post anything that says those pumps can keep up to 200% nozzles.

If thats the case I totally agree with you. The srp is the only one that didnt lose icp on a dyno with a 200% nozzle. Well, maybe on something larger, for example, a 300+ cc injector. But a 250 on down, they had plenty of grunt.

Edit: jason @dynoproven said they discovered the same thing on the dyno, iirc.

m j

Reaction score
LOL

I finally just gave up.....whatever...ive been driving a 7.3 for twenty years. Just dont care to argue with someone who.probably bought theirs two years ago and knows everything. Whatever. Have at it.

I am pretty sure you have a thread asking how much boost you should see free reving your powerstroke from 3 years ago

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8339

so in 20 years of driving a 7.3 diesel you just recently noticed this?
I find your opinion very hard to put any weight on.

I did buy a powerstroke about 2 years ago, and by reading the archives on these forums it makes enough power in the street tune to scare me even with it being all wore out.

I seem to find a lot of dyno posts that make way less then 500+ hp, with a lot more oil, fuel, and air, then the several people that have never made 500hp claim will make 500+hp.

anyone that can make huge hp numbers has my highest respect, but just because they can do it doesnt mean everyone of us normal folk automatically are going to see the same big numbers running the same parts.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you have a thread asking how much boost you should see free reving your powerstroke from 3 years ago

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8339

so in 20 years of driving a 7.3 diesel you just recently noticed this?
I find your opinion very hard to put any weight on.

I did buy a powerstroke about 2 years ago, and by reading the archives on these forums it makes enough power in the street tune to scare me even with it being all wore out.

I seem to find a lot of dyno posts that make way less then 500+ hp, with a lot more oil, fuel, and air, then the several people that have never made 500hp claim will make 500+hp.

anyone that can make huge hp numbers has my highest respect, but just because they can do it doesnt mean everyone of us normal folk automatically are going to see the same big numbers running the same parts.

Whats your point? I ran a chip for ten years with a pyro and trans temp. I dont make any excuses that I just modded this truck three or four years ago. I guess that was supposed to make me feel bad? I plumbed the boost gauge into the map line and wondered if it was working right. So what?

I dont really care if you like what I have to say. I couldnt honestly care less. You arent the first person to try to make me look foolish and fail miserably. Guess what? Most of those types of dewsh arent around either. If you are able to search for things to embarrass people perhaps you can search for things about ***ktards who wore out their welcome by being pricks.

Just saying, they've been a dime a dozen.

Im also 36 years old and have a family and tons of other shti to contend with the truck isnt a priority or concern anymore. If I didnt have a new daily driver id probably repair the truck as things popped up.

As for your observation on what power trucks make, I agree also. I dont expect the numbers the forums may echo. Most hybrids with 200s will make 500hp. Charles made 544 with 30% nozzles. So there is belief and disbelief all in the same sentence. Example: I ran a 175/80 which is.a 450ish hp injector. I didnt make anywhere near that. 405 rwhp with a 38r and tuned how I wanted it.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Nykka clowns on me because I haven't made 500+ in a diesel pickup. I have friends who have done, or are doing this stuff to these trucks...I personally, don't GAF. Not what excites me, in fact, the only reason I even have THIS diesel is bc I got a smokin deal on it, and my gravel roads where I work, and leaving it sitting for extended periods of time, weren't what I wanted to submit my mustang, or denali to.

If a 500hp truck scares you on the streets, you have surely never experienced a fast car. 650-700 rw on the street will skate around on you at will, at pretty much any speed below 80mph, so, have fun with your old ass crusty as *** obs truck that might run a low 13. Sad day when a 13 second ANYTHING is considered scary. My 2 yr old didn't even flinch back when my car ran low low 12's.

bruce

Reaction score

Depends on the HP goal. A chrisp 500 horse could easily be obtained with a stock 17* or any currently available single hpop. If you're trying to max out a set of 300/200's then the adrenaline prolly won't hold ICP. You can make 500 horse with 400/400's and a 15* because PW is so short.

TyCorr

Reaction score
JasoN108 said:
Nykka clowns on me because I haven't made 500+ in a diesel pickup. I have friends who have done, or are doing this stuff to these trucks...I personally, don't GAF. Not what excites me, in fact, the only reason I even have THIS diesel is bc I got a smokin deal on it, and my gravel roads where I work, and leaving it sitting for extended periods of time, weren't what I wanted to submit my mustang, or denali to.

If a 500hp truck scares you on the streets, you have surely never experienced a fast car. 650-700 rw on the street will skate around on you at will, at pretty much any speed below 80mph, so, have fun with your old ass crusty as *** obs truck that might run a low 13. Sad day when a 13 second ANYTHING is considered scary. My 2 yr old didn't even flinch back when my car ran low low 12's.

I knew waay back before anything was changed, save for a chip, that my 7.3s would never be fast. Lets face it there wasnt.thaaat many modded trucks even back in 07-08. It started shortly after that. Guys like mj make me laugh, they read the forum, digest everything, and then start bashing people that have been around long before he even considered owning a diesel. Now that the trucks are pennies to purchase every grocery store worker is a diesel billy.

My truck WORKED and made me money for ten year and 250k miles without a lick of trouble. I maintained it myself. Never seen the dealership since Oct of 00. So Im pretty unconcerned with his perception of me. Much less if my experience translates into me having a clue about what Im doing.

Any jagbag can buy a clapped out truck and slap 500hp worth of parts on it now. Big friggin deal.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Depends on the HP goal. A chrisp 500 horse could easily be obtained with a stock 17* or about any available single hpop. If you're trying to max out a set of 300/200's then the adrenaline prolly won't hold ICP. You can make 500 horse with 400/400's and a 15* because PW is so short.

Im making more power now.with my 250/200s and a sharp 15° pump than I did with a 17 and 175s. Easily.

Half the pw and guessing(bad, I know) another 50hp. I can stab the throttle at 35 and burn the tires. That aint happening in a 400hp truck.

mandkole

Reaction score
Sounds good-- my rig runs fairly smoke free low 13.30s all day long at 7600#. It will not blow away the tires at 35 on dry pavement.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sounds good-- my rig runs fairly smoke free low 13.30s all day long at 7600#. It will not blow away the tires at 35 on dry pavement.

Im running off road tires and my truck is limited because I do NOT have valve springs done yet. Im not using 910s. I think the 200% nozzles are the reason its solid. And the trans too. The power it makes goes to the ground.

My setup is.identical to David N.

mandkole

Reaction score
I don't doubt it..some times I think the 100s don't give fuel fast enough to really work the gt42. 200s would be cool.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Im making more power now.with my 250/200s and a sharp 15° pump than I did with a 17 and 175s. Easily.

Half the pw and guessing(bad, I know) another 50hp. I can stab the throttle at 35 and burn the tires. That aint happening in a 400hp truck.
Still running the 38r with those injectors? Whose tunes? Sorry if I missed that.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have 2 different chips ja cain. Php is the one I use...just out of laziness(?). I dont have enough seat time to necessitate changing anything yet.

Fwiw Curtis runs his truck clean with less support mods and makes 475hp. Im trying to refrain from pushing a valve into piston. Ill dyno it when/if I get the springs put in. Its pretty low on the.priority list.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't doubt it..some times I think the 100s don't give fuel fast enough to really work the gt42. 200s would be cool.

Yea, totally different. I had 80 and 100s on the 175s. Those two nozzles are suited to the 175, in my opinion. Obviously smaller nozzles.have worked for people. Junkie had 250/80s and had track times to verify 550hp.

Mandkole-sometimes I think the 38r being on boil with this much fuel makes it hit hard from 30-70mph....and it hits very hard...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.