305/50r20 street tire ideas

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for some street tires that ARE NOT nitto nt420s' ? I need to get something new but I'm sick of seeing everyone and their brother with 420s... They were cool 2 years ago but SOOOO old now... any ideas?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Have thought about those or the proxes. Anyone use the proxes? Also saw the Kuhmo ecsta. They look interesting...

I remember everyone running proxies before 420s...there was a reason for the switch, as to why...no clue

Ive ran the kumhos on a subi and on a car they were great...do they go to a d range for a truck?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Looked at the cooper Zenons? Had a buddy had them on his dodge, not as street as 420s but not an a/t either.

Yes. They are sweet tires. Only issue is it looks like now you can only get a 305/55 which I don't want.

Couragia s/u looks good too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Those actually don't look bad. Never messed with federal tires for trucks but we have great luck with federals on the drift cars.

JDub

Reaction score
I ran cooper h/t plus in 305/50r20 on my 02 and cut 1.7 60s pretty consistently

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
proxes are a good tire, st2s work well at the track, the original st proxes is hard or impossible to find, much softer tire but they work well at the track.

I have a set of cooper zeons on the race truck, i like the look, they are a pretty old tire so the rubber is a bit hard and glazed over now but they still cut 1.68 60s

Jason

Reaction score
Had Pirelli Scorpions on my yukon denali in a 20. Road walked like a biatch, followed every groove in the road...swapped out to goodyear eagle ls2's, and it goes straight with no hands on the wheel.

Bair

Reaction score
I have the khumo ecsta on my little white truck. And maybe they have an upgraded tread design by now. Seems like a harder rubber. Sorta slippery in the rain too.
yhudyzep.jpg

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I have the khumo ecsta on my little white truck. And maybe they have an upgraded tread design by now. Seems like a harder rubber. Sorta slippery in the rain too.
yhudyzep.jpg

These are actually what I was going to get. I love the way they look. I'll deal with how they perform lol. BTW are those 305's on 12's?

Trav-O

Reaction score
He are all the tires we carry in that size. Some are very close to out of stock

Toyo Proxes S/T
Toyo Proxes S/T II
Mastercraft Courser HTR
Falken ZIEZ STZ-05
Cooper Discoverer H/T (short supply remaining)
Yokohama Parada
Cooper Zeon LTZ (short supply remaining)
Toyo Open Country AT II
Goodyear Eagle GT II
Michelin HP Touring Latitude
Kumho KL78
General Grabber AT2
Hankook Dynapro ATM (very short supply remaining)
Nitto Terra Grappler
Nitto 420s

Latest posts

Members online