38R and billet compressor wheel

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
I'd get them again but I can't say if they're better than another stick as I have never tried another. Overall, they are quieter than the 170K AD's they replaced, run smoother, provide better mpg and make way more power.

I ran the T500 and 38R with stock sticks for a while then did the new 175/80's, springs, damper, lpop together. I tried GH tunes first but didn't have much luck there so tried PHP and those are better for my taste. The power is much more than I expected. It will lay waste to the tires and get silly in second gear. The 80HP Daily Drive PHP custom tune is awesome but so tempting to dip into the power I run the 65 daily instead as it helps me manage MPG. Regarding MPG, I see ~2mpg improvement in town and get about 16.5 unloaded light cruising with occasional foot stomps.
For towing our TT, I just run the 25hp tow tune which is the max weight tune and have plenty of power and don't worry about egt unless I'm lugging. I've not noticed any ICP issues and certainly no CEL for low ICP has been set. Just finished a 2 week venture through Yellowstone and Glacier, Montana and pushed the truck hard over those long rolling 4,200 ft. hills going to Glacier with no issues.

That's my experience with them.

I do envision a T4 setup with the 364.5SXE being even better for the injectors. In my mind, the 175/80 is a practical max for that turbo. I think it depends on how far you want to go.

I have learned with the tune revisions I've rec'd and feedback from others that live tuning would probably yield me the best results and may start looking to see how or who might be able to do that for me in this region. Props to PHP as their service has been awesome but I'm in WA they are in GA and am changing based on my ability to communicate what I want changed.

In the same boat as you for tuning. Live near Seattle.

Curious who you are looking into for future tuning needs?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just curious, why didn't you like the 100s

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

The things i find important in a truck were not improved, enhanced or made better in anyway with a 100% nozzle over the 80%. I was warned by arguably the best tuner for all.platforms that idle with 100s wouldnt be as good as 80s and there isnt anything to gain over the 80%.

The 80% is damn near emptying the 175.

Mine ran hotter with 100s and I had haze at idle that was never there with 80s.

Maybe splitting hairs but if given the choice, 80 over 100s any day.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

I would be very interested in getting a truck live tuned. I could probably find 1 other truck to get tuned.

Jody (our tuner) comes to the tri-cities (Kennewick) area every year for live tuning. If you are on Facebook, follow our page. We post when he will be coming so you can schedule a tuning slot if you would like.

Facebook

JDelaney

Reaction score
Why does he go to the Tri Cities? There's much greater population density on the west side. I would think he'd get more business by setting up dates in Portland, Or and/or Seattle, Wa.

Layson

Reaction score
We had Jody come to farm in Scio Oregon....look it up....LOL. He will go anywhere if you have enough people.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Why does he go to the Tri Cities? There's much greater population density on the west side. I would think he'd get more business by setting up dates in Portland, Or and/or Seattle, Wa.

Because he does it through Nic Oord, who has a shop there. A bunch of guys always go to it. Always booked up quite a bit in advance. If you can get 10-12 people to commit, he will go wherever.

We had Jody come to farm in Scio Oregon....look it up....LOL. He will go anywhere if you have enough people.

LOL

True though. He went all the way to Australia to do it once. Where the calling is, Jody goes.

TMCCOY

Reaction score

Vision diesel is pretty close so I was thinking about talking to them. At least they are in easy driving (1hr) from me for any revisions. I also thought about asking Riffraff if they had a referral. If Jody is in the area I would probably do that. Kennewick is 3.5hrs from me so not too bad but the tuning had better be right on or a process to update if needed established.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.