38r and your experience

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have never been overly impressed with the 38r either. Truthfully BD Thruster II is a better turbo.
I know some may say that's ludicrous, but I have personally ran both NUMEROUS times and in nearly every category the Thruster II is a better piece.

And we have had absolutely NO issues with them at any power level under 550hp.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have never been overly impressed with the 38r either. Truthfully BD Thruster II is a better turbo.
I know some may say that's ludicrous, but I have personally ran both NUMEROUS times and in nearly every category the Thruster II is a better piece.

you are the ONLY person i have seen say that!

live life full throttle

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
you are the ONLY person i have seen say that!

live life full throttle
I have had the pleasure of sitting down with an ex Garrett engineer AND the designer of the thruster II. Although out of the industry now he was a wealth of knowledge and really showed on paper why we were feeling what we did.

We may be the only ones to ever say this, but we have many many very happy customers with these on their trucks. Including a couple ex 38r users.

The 38r is great. We just like what the thruster has to offer

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of sitting down with an ex Garrett engineer AND the designer of the thruster II. Although out of the industry now he was a wealth of knowledge and really showed on paper why we were feeling what we did.

We may be the only ones to ever say this, but we have many many very happy customers with these on their trucks. Including a couple ex 38r users.

The 38r is great. We just like what the thruster has to offer

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
are they not the same size? both compressor and turbine?

live life full throttle

littleredstroker

Reaction score

do you know how similar is that BD thruster and the TN drop in they had a few years back?

I caught alot of flack when I Put on the Brand new TN drop in ( I got for a GREAT pirice of $freefiddy ) people said it was junk and Was going to be supper hot with my mods.. Even with leaky up pipes 1500 in my hot tune is hard to hit.

38R used to be the go to turbo, and for some im sure it still is. but been alot more talk than normal as of late with people who are not satisfied beit performance or durability.

Makes me wonder why its talked up to being the best.

I talked to an old farmer a while back who said that cummins is the greatest engine ever, he was driving a brand new 13 at the time. before that had a 2nd gen 24 v, and before that he had a 1st gen 12v. he said he Test drove the big diesels in 85, and picked fords IDI over chevy, and when that truck was wrecked in 90 he test drove the new 12v and was BLOWN AWAY at how much better it was than "all the rest" he has stuck with cummins ever since and never looked back.

Moral of the story is Of course people who have not experienced other brands wouldnt know what they are missing. I feel like a good number of the people dont know what they are or arent missing, but base their opinions off of whats popular.

How many times has a something been better on paper and in the real world shown otherwise?

Latest posts

Members online